• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Member from Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m out here in Alberta and have been shooting and building Muzzleloaders for about 47 years. I shoot a variety of different guns; flintlocks being the most prominent with my muzzleloading interests. I also do reenactment; portraying myself as a doctor of sorts in the 1790 period. I have 2 full chests of instruments and medicines from that time period.
Interesting bio! Welcome my northern neighbor from the expansive wilds of Pennsylvania.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpeg
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from Australia.

I’ve always had a keen interest in Canada from my French heritage.

Would love to see some of your guns you’ve made.
Just about all of them were left handed. That’s what got me going into building them. Back then there wasn’t much available for production guns or stocks & locks. Stocks started off as blocks of wood; locks came from double barrel shotguns that were in parts boxes at gun shows. Way later lock manufacturers started putting out left hand flintlocks. Right now I shoot a left hand NW Tradegun, left hand Leman and left hand Issac Haines Pennsylvani. Both my pistols are left hand too!

Latest posts

Back