• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Hawken......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Barrel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Not a custom build. But I think shes perdy.

Hawken020.jpg

Sep022009_0485.jpg

Sep022009_0479.jpg

Hawken035.jpg

Sry. bout that. Its a Pedersoli 54 Cal. Rocky Mountain Hawken in maple. Its my first traditional muzzleloader. I love shootin these traditional guns with the real black powder. Im never goin back to the other side :grin:

Thats a good lookin' gun! You do nice camera work, clean. 50 Cal.? What are the specs?

Rusty

That is a GREAT lookin rifle i really like the stock :thumbsup:
neal

You will like that gun. Mine is in walnut and is a shooter. they are put together nicely for a production gun.

Got one too...
A real good shooter. My favorite gun. :thumbsup:

Nice pics! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Nice pictures.

That is a good rifle, I have the one in .45 and shooting for many years now. It was my first bp rifle ever.

:shocked2: Uhm, sorry erzengel...
You´re mixing up something... :nono:
That´s the Pedersoli Hawken. On the market since 2007, got one of the first that came to Germany.
Only availiable in .54 and meanwhile also as a .50 with fast twist.

That is a sweet looking smoke pole ya got there, how does she shoot??

Also, you are a picture taking son of a gun, :bow: how'd you get that close up shot to come in so clear?? :confused:

Those pictures show some of the nice touches on a Pedersoli Hawken. The lock,breech plug ,tang ,trigger guard,butt plate,and nose cap are all case colored. The barrel is a very even smooth brown and is set off nicely by the dark blued rear sight.

:surrender: :v :redface:

Thanks for pointing out. May be I need new glasses.

I have mixed it up with the Tryon.

To my eye it seems that they have used similar, perhaps identical shaped parts on both rifles like butt plate, trigger, general form of the half stock.

The lock plate is different.

If you all say its ok, I'll post photos from the Tryon for comparison.

erzengel said:
:surrender: :v :redface:

Thanks for pointing out. May be I need new glasses.

I have mixed it up with the Tryon.

To my eye it seems that they have used similar, perhaps identical shaped parts on both rifles like butt plate, trigger, general form of the half stock.

The lock plate is different.

If you all say its ok, I'll post photos from the Tryon for comparison.

By all means, please post.

:v
Not as good as hoped. Wrong time of the day, sun is shining through the windows at 7 PM. Only four photos remain which I think can be posted.

Hope they serve their intnded purpose.

Here they are:

IMGP0027.jpg

IMGP0024.jpg

IMGP0025.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

Thanks for all the replys. I wanted a Hawken ever since I was a kid. Well, 25 years later I got one. I fell in love with this gun when I saw it. So I bought it. When I got it home I told the wife it was on sale and picked it up for 115 bucks LOL :blah: I couple of you guys mentioned the nice photos. Thanks for that to. Thats another hobby of mine. The close up shots were taken with a super macro lens.

Oooo... she IS perdy. :thumbsup:

:hmm: I'll give ya $125. and not tell yer wife what you really paid for it. :grin:

Back