• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Yuma, AZ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying the reminiscing. Okay, just one more. Since you mentioned Tacna.
I was hunting quail along the Gila River near of Tacna. The brushy areas beside a field on the other side of the river looked good, so I took off my boots and waded across the knee-deep stream. My dog ranged ahead of me, and since my feet were wet, I didn't immediately stop to put my boots back on. I continued on barefoot.
I caught a quick movement under my dog as it ran forward and heard a loud Hsssss. Diamondback rattler!
My dog heard it, too, and turned back to investigate. I shouted at my dog to "Hup", while I brought up my 12 gauge and fired at the snake. I killed it. Big diamondback about 5 feet long, without the last foot or so of its tail. The rattle was gone. The field had recently been harrowed, so my guess is that the snake didn't quite get out of the way of the harrow. Good thing my dog disturbed it before I walked up to it barefoot.

Besides the diamondbacks, sidewinders, scorpions, tarantulas, and cholla cactus, there is the extreme heat and lack of water in many areas. Add to all those natural hazards, beware of smugglers of both people and drugs coming up through remote areas both sides of the Gila Mountains and across the desert. Just be careful out there!
I always have my M1A Tanker in. 308 with me out there and have multiple 20rd magazines loaded.. LOL.. It's my brush gun and packs quite a punch! I usually hunt with a couple of CBP agents that I'm good friends with. We're always looking for smuggler trails, etc.. LOL

Latest posts

Back