• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Tennessee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olfuzzy

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I’ve been a member since May so I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I first got interested in muzzle loading back in the early 80’s while still on active duty (I think the movie Jemimah Johnson had something to do with it, lol) so I couldn’t get too involved in it at the time. Later, my wife and I attended an event at Mansker's Station and we both were ready to jump in with both feet but life threw us some curves so I still haven’t gotten into it at the level I would like. Getting too old now to do anything but learn so I would be willing to say that 99.5% of my posts will probably be questions. If I ask what some would consider dumb questions or about something I should already know, I have thick skin so please speak up. :)

Thanks for having me,
Chip

I have over 40 years of muzzle loading and I am still learning. Ask away, you might get three different answers, but they all will work, just see which one you like best.

Welcome aboard Chip.

That JJ movie inflicted many with the BP bug.

Anyway, endless amounts of knowledge to be had here my friend.

No such thing as a stupid or dumb question either! Many here have decades of knowledge and experience. They’d be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have?

Looking forward to hearing more from you my friend.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Welcome from PA. Chip:
I too am a huge Jeremiah Johnson fan. I watch it on DVD about once a month? Is that Obsession? :dunno:;)
I used to tell my students," The ONLY dumb question, is the one you need an answer to, but NEVER ask."
Welcome aboard!
God bless:
Two Feathers

Last edited:
I’ve been a member since May so I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I first got interested in muzzle loading back in the early 80’s while still on active duty (I think the movie Jemimah Johnson had something to do with it, lol) so I couldn’t get too involved in it at the time. Later, my wife and I attended an event at Mansker's Station and we both were ready to jump in with both feet but life threw us some curves so I still haven’t gotten into it at the level I would like. Getting too old now to do anything but learn so I would be willing to say that 99.5% of my posts will probably be questions. If I ask what some would consider dumb questions or about something I should already know, I have thick skin so please speak up. :)

Thanks for having me,
Chip
Welcome

Back