• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy, Old guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve just dipped my toe back into the world of muzzleloading “primitive style”. I was a member of the Bay Area Mountain Men club in the San Jose, CA area for several years back in the 80s and early 90s. I was stationed there in the USAF for the first few years I was involved, and continued on for a few additional years after I exited the AF. I loved the comradery and awesome people in the club. Tom, Hatchet Jack, Dutch, Michael, all the folks... The rendezvous I went to were so much fun. I fell out of the scene when I moved to Nashville in '92 and am just now getting back into it. I got lucky in that some of my outfit still fit, but was mighty tight. I don't know how that happened... Musta shrunk in storage?

Went to my first shoot with the Tennessee Longhunters yesterday and had a GREAT time. Lots of really nice folks and a fun time shooting my old TC Hawken. Added bonus: the provided lunch was off the hook! Great fish fry and snapping turtle gumbo, and the hushpuppies were the best I've ever had. The coconut cream pie desert was unbelievable, too.

I was offered the opportunity to shoot a flintlock for the first time by one of the club members. I flinched a little, but I liked it! I was also inspired by his recommendation of the Kibler kits and placed an order for a .40 cal Southern Mountain Rifle right after I got home. Looking forward to many more shoots...

Hi,

I’ve just dipped my toe back into the world of muzzleloading “primitive style”. I was a member of the Bay Area Mountain Men club in the San Jose, CA area for several years back in the 80s and early 90s. I was stationed there in the USAF for the first few years I was involved, and continued on for a few additional years after I exited the AF. I loved the comradery and awesome people in the club. Tom, Hatchet Jack, Dutch, Michael, all the folks... The rendezvous I went to were so much fun. I fell out of the scene when I moved to Nashville in '92 and am just now getting back into it. I got lucky in that some of my outfit still fit, but was mighty tight. I don't know how that happened... Musta shrunk in storage?

Went to my first shoot with the Tennessee Longhunters yesterday and had a GREAT time. Lots of really nice folks and a fun time shooting my old TC Hawken. Added bonus: the provided lunch was off the hook! Great fish fry and snapping turtle gumbo, and the hushpuppies were the best I've ever had. The coconut cream pie desert was unbelievable, too.

I was offered the opportunity to shoot a flintlock for the first time by one of the club members. I flinched a little, but I liked it! I was also inspired by his recommendation of the Kibler kits and placed an order for a .40 cal Southern Mountain Rifle right after I got home. Looking forward to many more shoots...
Welcome to the forum!

Hello from NE Ohio. Some of the people we meet on this journey are amazing. I have found the ones involved in this are especially wonderful.
The first time I fired a flintlock I flinched so bad I was embarrassed for a week. On a woods walk with a local club, a gentleman said, "Here try mine". I thought I was ready for something different but wasn't, it didn't fire so it was very apparent.
Welcome,
David

Back