• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Guy from SC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhett45acp

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have just recently got into casting bullets. Which became a rabbit hole.

I primarily shoot USPSA and 2 gun with bottom feeders.

The casting bullets put me on a path to dig out my BP guns.

I have 4 BP revolvers and one ~1980 CVA Frontier Carbine.

2 of the revolvers are ~35 y/o and the other 2 are new Pietta's (never fired) All are 36 cal.

I just order a Lee REAL mold for the rife.

Best Regards,
rhett45acp

Welcome. Be careful - black powder is addictive.

In the 1970's and 80's I shot PPC [Practical Pistol Competition] . . . which I believe was similar to the USPSA. Used to chop through 180 .38 Special rounds in a weekend.

2 of the revolvers are ~35 y/o and the other 2 are new Pietta's (never fired) All are 36 cal.

Best Regards,
rhett45acp
Welcome, Where in SC?, Im on Hilton Head, not many BP clubs close. I shoot at at a range in Yemassee. Musket, cap lock, flintlock, and traditions 50 cal pistol.

Best Regards,
rhett45acp

Best Regards,
rhett45acp
Welcome ! What part of SC do you live ?

Welcome, Where in SC?, Im on Hilton Head, not many BP clubs close. I shoot at at a range in Yemassee. Musket, cap lock, flintlock, and traditions 50 cal pistol.
We shoot at a club in Allendale. You ever heard of the Carolina Po Boys muzzleloading club?

We shoot at a club in Allendale. You ever heard of the Carolina Po Boys muzzleloading club?
No sir. I am familiar with the area you are in. It would be a haul for me. I am on the opposite side of the state.

I wish I could find a club in this area. Heck, even a few shooters. I have a private range with a couple of pistol bays and a 100 yard rifle bay. One pistol bay has a cover and the rifle bay has a cover.

Back