• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Up North (Quebec)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ab44 Gee! You lived barely 20 minutes from where I've been living for the last 13 years (Saint-Hyacinthe). I go to the International antique/modified cars show every year on the last week-end of July in Granby. Antique cars are my other passion AFTER antique guns as you may have guessed already. Lol

ab44 Gee! You lived barely 20 minutes from where I've been living for the last 13 years (Saint-Hyacinthe). I go to the International antique/modified cars show every year on the last week-end of July in Granby. Antique cars are my other passion AFTER antique guns as you may have guessed already. Lol
I've had my car there when I lived there. My ex still lives in Granby and maybe I will be at tyhe show next year should I get older. lol
If I do come down maybe we can have a shoot do you have a range that allows black powder ? Have a good day.

I still have to find one. For all I have as BP firearms are a SxS Belgian shotgun from the late 1800s and my Colt 1860 Army dating from 1862. Never had the occasion to find a place to try any of both yet. But for the moment, I just can't seem to fond one that will allow walk-ins. Keep ya in touch!

If I come ny train to ex she picks me up at St Hyacynthe. I remember the little old lasy who sells chips and food on the road shop on way to station. She was 80 or more. And Dunriel honey/

Well... not much to say about me. I'm 62, from the Southern area of Montréal, Québec. I'm into WWII SMGs collecting and with all the troubles in Canada concerning guns of all sorts, I'm glad I still have a weakness for BP guns. My first BP were a .50 cal mountain rifle and an italian Remington New Model Army with molds, flask, and of course a horn. Time passed, life changed and now I have an old original SxS 12 gauge cap'n'ball (belgian) an original Civil War Colt 1860 Army, flask, double cavity .44 Jonston & Dow bullet mold, some Pyrodex and barely enough #11 caps which are a little loose on the nipples. Last but not least (well, maybe least) a Pietta 1851 navy in brass frame .44 cal. Still have to buy a tap-o-cap and a 44 cal. paper cartridge former. Of course a repro Yankee belt and holster to go with the original Colt.

Too bad my 5 sons and only daughter don't share my love for guns nor for antique cars (my other passion).
Well, I may have a solution for you! I am now an orphan and my siblings seem to be dropping like flies. If you want to adopt me, I am available! I love all things firearm related and antique cars. Out of area, call collect.;)

I used to live in Granby ex wife still there. I may visit her .I am now back in Toronto . I shoot Remintons 44 cal 1858 . Enjoy the sport. I pre roll paper cartridges for mine. Bonjour Ca va bien >
What is the length of your paper cartridges? I also shoot the Remington 1858.

Latest posts

Back