• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from the Sierra Foothills. Wordy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooddaytoya!

40 Cal
Reaction score
I'm in my early 70s, having 7 years ago moved from the San Francisco Bay area to the Sierra Foothills. I live at the 2000 ft level in the midst of thick tinder dry forests. In 2017 we had far too much water, but now we have this prolonged drought. Scary. I have a small house on two acres near the end of a narrow dirt road. I have neighbors but we can't see each other, so I asked to sheriff to pay me a visit and talk about shooting on my property. He came and he was very nice, and he told me that lots of people move up here just because they're allowed to shoot on their property. A couple of my neighbors think guns are satanic, so I keep my shooting to a minimum. There's a hillside here that serves as a safe backstop. Happy to have found this forum!

I'm in my early 70s, having 7 years ago moved from the San Francisco Bay area to the Sierra Foothills. I live at the 2000 ft level in the midst of thick tinder dry forests. In 2017 we had far too much water, but now we have this prolonged drought. Scary. I have a small house on two acres near the end of a narrow dirt road. I have neighbors but we can't see each other, so I asked to sheriff to pay me a visit and talk about shooting on my property. He came and he was very nice, and he told me that lots of people move up here just because they're allowed to shoot on their property. A couple of my neighbors think guns are satanic, so I keep my shooting to a minimum. There's a hillside here that serves as a safe backstop. Happy to have found this forum!
You should start doing a helluva lot of shooting.....maybe those "satanic" neighbors would move👍

Welcome from the Texas Hill Country and outlying areas. Moved here from California and I sure do miss the Sierra and the local mountains from my childhood but I don't think I will move back.

Good,
As ML48 suggested, fire away heavy and often . maybe they will move their asses back to peaceful LA.
Welcome aboard this mostly noisy 😅 forum.

Welcome from Florida, which might very well be the flattest state in the country. I think my place is at 86 feet, and that's on a "ridge"! It sounds like you have a nice place, there in the Sierra foothills.

You'll find plenty of good neighbors on this forum.

Notchy Bob

Back