• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New from South Africa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welkom Ratkas. I used to be a member of a wonderful blackpowder forum in RSA -- Whitesmoke.za run by a talented knifemaker named Willem O'Kelly -- but after the crackdown on powder -- both black and then the wonderful substitute Sannadex -- the forum seemed to lose its momentum and is now gone. Wonderful community. I still have a pair of veldschoen made for me by "Snaphaan" -- M.C. Heunis -- who is on this forum and has a wonderful Boer Artillery Facebook page. I got so into it all that "ek het un boek op Afrikaans gekoop," and learned to make decent Vetkoek. Now I am hungry for it. 😄 I even sent a toy Oregon sea otter stuffed animal to a little girl last of Robbertsie in Lephalele who was bitten in her bed by a spitting cobra. I heard from them a couple of times -- that sweet baby survived.
I pray for your country.

Last edited:
Welkom Ratkas. I used to be a member of a wonderful blackpowder forum in RSA -- Whitesmoke.za run by a talented knifemaker named Willem O'Kelly -- but after the crackdown on powder -- both black and then the wonderful substitute Sannadex -- the forum seemed to lose its momentum and is now gone. Wonderful community. I still have a pair of veldschoen made for me by "Snaphaan" -- M.C. Heunis -- who is on this forum and has a wonderful Boer Artillery Facebook page. I got so into it all that "ek het un boek op Afrikaans gekoop," and learned to make decent Vetkoek. Now I am hungry for it. 😄 I even sent a toy Oregon sea otter stuffed animal to a little girl last of Robbertsie in Lephalele who was bitten in her bed by a spitting cobra. I heard from them a couple of times -- that sweet baby survived.
I pray for your country.
Hi BillinOregon. Baie dankie! Ahhh yes, Vetkoek and Veldskoen or Vellies as we Boers call them hehe. You speak Afrikaans nicely! Yeah, real Black Powder is hard to come by in South Africa. Pyrodex is available but Sannadex is no more. It's really heartbreaking to hear about the little girl and thanks for sending that gift to her. I am situated in Cape Town which really is a beautiful, diverse city, but South Africa as a whole is plagued by political agendas. Elections are around the corner and we'll see what happens next. Thanks for the welcome brother! Cheers

Welcome from Northeast Missouri. South African doctor sewed up my leg at a hospital in Dawson City, Yukon. Had some interesting stories. Glad you're here. Stick around and share photos, please.
Hi Sheriff! Interesting story you have there! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Back