• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New England fowler plans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainEMTIV

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I’m wanting to make a New England fowler from a burly cherry blank, I like the Chambers New England fowler but the barrel (.75 oct-rnd) I plan to use is too big for their stock.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern that’s similar to the chambers fowler? Or maybe someone that has their New England fowler and would be willing to trace the stock shape for me?

I don't know if this fits your bill but I made a fowler from the Track Fowler plans. Mine has a D weight .72 barrel.

making a pattern.jpg

fowler selfies 006.JPG

I’m wanting to make a New England fowler from a burly cherry blank, I like the Chambers New England fowler but the barrel (.75 oct-rnd) I plan to use is too big for their stock.

Does anyone know where I can find a pattern that’s similar to the chambers fowler? Or maybe someone that has their New England fowler and would be willing to trace the stock shape for me?

Do you have Grinslade's book? Take it down to an office supply store and use the photocopier to blow up your favorite fowler to something like lifesize. Then just draw your own plan tailored to the parts you are using.

Latest posts

Back