• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need tube rings, sorta like these

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulTBarton

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for tube sight rings like these (think Dixie without their tube).

mu2_of3.jpg

I use an aluminum tube (3/4 inch) with garden-hose quick-change plastic pieces.

BartSr aka Paul

That is one unique weapon you have there....A left handed side hammer...underhamerish looking thing.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear more about it...

Allright! Thanks for all of the links! More than I could find.

Since I'm (whining here) on SS, those prices are way out of my ballpark, durn.

Paul
aka BartSr

Most of that hardware is made for the folks who shoot Single Shot Black Powder Cartridge matches.

As you may know, their crazier than we are and will gladly spend a months salary on some little doohickey that might reduce the size of their groups 1/4".

The rings will go onto this monster:
br54_s.jpg

A .54 cal heavy barreled shooter. The stock has been modified to lessen the drop, not shown here.

Paul
aka BartSr

they are scope mounts for the log tube scope. Dixie gun works had them I have put some on before

Clyde,

Barrel: 0.50 Caliber, Knight DISC purchased as scrap (bolt area cut off, broken tap in one sight hole, etc) $45. Bore excellent! Approximately a 1:28 twist.

Ammo: 0.490 Round ball, 0.022 Bull denim patches, 0.40 grains of Goex FFFg.

Side Hammer like underhammer but left side, my choice.

Tube sight, 3/4 inch diameter aluminum tubing , no optics, has crosshairs/reticle as follows:
Used brass 30-win-mag case drilled through, two very teensy wires soldered to the large end of that brass, fitted with o-rings, pushed into the tube about 8 inches from the rear. Black plastic pieces at each end of tubing were quick-release garden-hose items hand fit to the tubing. These pieces give about a 9mm diameter hole at both ends. Internal reflections don't exist as the black plastic stops most light and helps to center target through those small holes. Very narrow field of view!

Brass rings pictured in this "episode" from Steve.

Receiver is steel square tubing, hammer and trigger of mild steel. Hand formed by myself.

Stock is Cherry from a local hardwood store in AZ.

Anymore?

Paul
aka BartSr
My Blog that has pictures and descriptions of this project.

Latest posts

Back