• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need some help...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GobblerKnob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I made a patch knife for my son and plan to give it to him for his birthday, which is at the end of February. Can anyone tell me where I can get a sheath made for it at a reasonable cost? Hopefully, the pictures will give you an idea of its size.
This is my first attempt at making a knife and I 'd appreciate any comments you may have. I have two more to build. Thanks in advance. Rick

88931fd1.jpg

10107e91.jpg

I made a patch knife for my son and plan to give it to him for his birthday, which is at the end of February. Can anyone tell me where I can get a sheath made for it at a reasonable cost? Hopefully, the pictures will give you an idea of its size.
This is my first attempt at making a knife and I 'd appreciate any comments you may have. I have two more to build. Thanks in advance. Rick

That is a handsome knife, Rick. What type sheath were you looking for - belt, neck, bag-strap? Any fancy carving or decorations- not it needs it with a knife that nice :D

I might be able to make one for you at a very friendly cost... let me know if you're interested. I'll try to find some pics of my other work so you can some of what I do.

vic

Very nice lookin knife :thumbsup: If you've got that kind of talent, makin a sheath should be a piece of cake for you.

Beautiful knife! I confer that your son is a lucky fellow!
Also, if you can do this kind of work you certainly can make a great, authentic sheath!
leather and sinew are cheap! Get enough to make 3-4 and by the time you finish the first one you will see how to do a great job> Plus these folks, in here, can coach you through the making. :results:

i got an idea,i'll make the sheaths for em (no tooling )if you make me a knife like that :: ::

Hey i am up for adoption :: nice knife He is a lucky boy. May I ask if you made the blade or did you buy this some where and fit the handle to it ?

Thanks to everyone for your very kind comments and resource information. Here's knife # 2, which I finished today. It is curly ash with a damascus blade. I'd love to lay claim to the blades, but cannot. I purchased them and fixed the wood to the haft.
Rick

f9778423.jpg

Nice hafting! Of course I'd expect no less from you, Sir!

Ever get round to makin' a box call out that wood! Bro.

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

I couldn't find any sheaths I made that weren't modern, so I made this for one of my knives that might work. What do you think...

Front, tied on a strap. In use, I'd likely have holes in the strap for the ties. It also works as a neck sheath by swapping out the upper tie for a longer one.
Sheath1F2.jpg

Back, just laying there looking nice ::
Sheath1B.jpg

Rick- if you're interested and haven"t found anything yet, let me know. Dims are: Length: 7.5" Width at top: 2"

And one of my fancier work, a specialty case for a trumpet (commissioned but never paid for), based on a saddle portmanteau and lined in sheepskin. The designs go around the entire body of the piece and each end, maple leaves in fall.

Case-F.jpg

Detail of the leaf:
Case-DI.jpg

vic

Vic,
that is one fine looking trumpet case! :applause: :master: :applause: :master:
snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Back