• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help with Pedersoli Sharps rear sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Pedersoli Sharps. It's a real honey except for the rear sight. When I received it, the screw on the left side of the slider was very loose and it would not stay up. I tightened the screw and it will stay in place but it is very rough and difficult to move (without a screwdriver). My other military ladder sights have a spring that provides tension, locks the slider in place but allows for rapid readjustment. My Pedersoli does not have a spring (with it). My question is, Is there a missing spring, is this normall?, Poor design? Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks for your consideration, cogitations and opinions.

Attachments

• Pedersoli Sharps.jpg
    Pedersoli Sharps.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 11
  • Sharps Ladder Sight up.jpg
    Sharps Ladder Sight up.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Sharps Rear Sight Top View.jpg
    Sharps Rear Sight Top View.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Sharps Sight Left (screw) Side.jpg
    Sharps Sight Left (screw) Side.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 0
They chose to add a screw rather then make the staff straight and smooth so the slide could have a friction fit as originals.

They chose to add a screw rather then make the staff straight and smooth so the slide could have a friction fit as originals.
Thank you too very much. The sides of the staff are as rough as a cobb. Looks like I ought to do a little smoothing up with the judicious use of a file and carry a very small screwdriver with me. I figured that was probably the case, not much room for spring in there. Oh well, I still love that rifle!

Back