• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need help identifying 2 brown bess muskets.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve01

32 Cal
Reaction score
This were past down with not much information about them except they were from the 1700’s and were Brown Bess muskets. The first musket in rougher shape has a larger bore.
Pictures show all the markings I was able to find.
Looking to narrow down the year(s) of these, who made them, what tower and edge mean on each, the meaning behind the markings and the number stamped on the first rifle as it is stamped in 2 locations. And if anyone has an idea of value that would be great as well.
As far as I know they both are operational and were last fired over the summer.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpeg
    IMG_0117.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0138.png
    IMG_0138.png
    11.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The first one appears to be an original 1809 pattern 3rd Model Brown Bess musket. If it is indeed original and in good condition, the value would probably start at $1,500 and go up from there - all depends on condition.

The second one is a replica (probably Indian made) Long Land pattern Brown Bess musket. It's probably supposed to be a 1756 pattern, but I can't tell from the pictures. Those used replicas usually go for about $650/750 from what I've seen.

Back