• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Need a mainspring screw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qprhooligan

32 Cal
Reaction score
I need a mainspring screw for my 1851 pietta. I see some places that sell them but they want more for shipping then the screw cost. Is there anyone who sells them with cheap shipping for 1 screw? Or does anyone know thew size and thread of the screw so I can find one at a hardware store or something?

Thanks.

Most hardware stores have thread measuring device in the screw and bolt section to measure thread size for standard and metric. Try one of your other screws to see if it fits in the main spring slot. If it does, take it to the store and see what thread size it is. Then you can look for one you can use.

Ditto the hardware store route. The spring and screw are hidden. No one need know but you. The screw's purpose is strictly functional, not esthetic. If it were a Colt original, my answer would be 180 degrees different. I have an Arisaka 99 I had to drill out the main action screw because it was rusted solid. I replaced it with a hardware store screw. No longer a collectible gun, but it now shoots.

Back