• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

nancy jane knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Logan

50 Cal.
Reaction score
tn-2.jpg

tn-1.jpg

Recently my father lost my mother to cancer after being together for 53 years. During the time of her illness she spent a lot of 12 hour days receiving chemo and radiation. They spent an enormous amount of time just waiting. During this time my father started reading alot. He chose fur trade, long hunter, etc. books. He also watched dvds like Mtn Men, Jerimhah Johnson, Last of the Mohicans, Black Robe, Dances with wolves, etc. It reignited his interest in black powder. He was really into it in the 80's like a lot of others. He likes to say , a lot of people and saw the movie Jerimiah Johnson and said well its a good movie, but he says, " it affected my life" He grew a full beard and wore it proud for the next 15 years. Well anyway, as a distraction of watching his love pass away. They started dating when they were 15 years old. He spent a lot of time wishing he had lived in 200 years ago. He got him a couple of Pedersoli Hawkens and they are nice. Then before mom died he contacted TVM and Toni and Matt decided they could make a special rifle for him in honor of mom. It is a TVM grand and they have assured him that it will be the nicest they have ever built. It will be adorned with weeping heart inlays and Nancy Jance or NJ any where they can put it. We hope to go pick it up in a couple of weeks. They are also making a Nancy Jane Pistol to match. I will post the pictures when we get it. Anyway, I knew he needed an appropriate knife to go with his set up. I contacted Jerry Martin at Martin's Market and He told Hershel House about the project we had in mind. Hershel was touched and well here it is. I think the NJ and weeping hearts speak for themselves. He is still very lost and lonely without her. Sorry about the small images, I will try to get them bigger.

Both of you have my heart-felt sympathy.
I would be lost if my better half ever went away.
We haven't been married that long, 26 years, but are still in love, and it sounds like that was the situation there.
I will keep your family in my prayers.

NJ1a2.jpg

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts guys.I will pass them on to him. Here's better picture's.
NJ1b2.jpg

Dad never shot a maxi ball at a deer without carving NJ in the bottom of it with his knife.

I am so very sorry for your loss... Those are beautiful tribute to who I am sure was a beautiful person..May God Bless and Keep you and your Dad,,,He will see her again..

Lee

Tony - My condolences go out to you and your family. I went through the same with my Mother a few years ago. Thanks for sharing your story and pic's. That is some exceptional artistic work.

Sir our condolences to you and yours from me and mine. May he who blesses all bless you

I'm sorry for your loss....the loss of a Mom and loving Wife is about the awfullest thing I know of.

You guys have my condolences as well, and thanks for the story. How wonderful of the makers you mentioned to do these for you.

Dad and I just got back from our first trip to Friendship. Wow what a place. Anyway He showed the knife to people all day and told them about Nancy Jane. Many people just saw the knife on his hip and asked to hold it, He even got it sharpened for free. They then got the story.

I know what you are going thru... My dad lost his better half of 40 yrs in 2008 to lung cancer. It was the toughest thing I have ever been thru. Glad that you and your dad have something to do together. My dad is lost still to this day.... Please post pics of the rifle.

Thanks for the support. I hate to hear that about your Dad as well. It a one day at a time situation for us. He only does well when he is distracted. But you can't stay distracted all the time. He has gotten the rifle and its a real beauty and a shooter too. I havent gotten to take pics yet I will soon.

I know what you mean... keeping him busy... he bought alot of cows and that is keeping him busy. Hunting and the cows keep him busy. Looking forward to seeing the gun. Have a good one.

Back