• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE N.W. Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old, crippled up, and half blind, but I'll burn a little more powder before I'm dancing a jig on the Fiddlers Green. Rob tells me he's about got the browning done.
Its looking good bud . Won't be much longer ....darn good chance I stop the process tomorrow and soak it in oil for couple days ....we'll see , I'll holler at ya

Yet just another beautiful build by that crazy hillbilly!
Am ratholing $$$$ from each paycheck to send to him to pay the toll to acquire one of those works of art.

Army MOS 13A checking in also.
Thanks bud ... Just another damn ole trade gun , LOL ....but I love em. :)

Beautiful, Rob! Kind of a cross between a full size and a “canoe gun”. Nice “trade carbine”’and would be just the ticket for squirrel or rabbit in thick brush.
When I get the trade gun book back from my cousin, I’ll make a tally of all the different barrel lengths that are listed into table to post here. There is a surprisingly high % of 27” barreled trade guns.

When I get the trade gun book back from my cousin, I’ll make a tally of all the different barrel lengths that are listed into table to post here. There is a surprisingly high % of 27” barreled trade guns.

Very nice. I love my NWTG but it’s got a 42” barrel. I’d prefer something along the 33” to 36” length.

My best off hand recollection at lunch break is that 42 - 48” was the majority of the recorded lengths. I think that there was a few listed that were even longer.

Nice! I was always curious about that.

What types of accuracy/patterning/velocity would there be from a 33-36” barrel to a 42”? In other words, would any practical effectiveness be lost by going to a shorter barreled gun?

Really ?! I'm surprised

What’s the name of your trade gun book and who’s the author if you don’t mind I’d be interested in seeing if I could get a copy.thankyou

Like to see that book.. All HBCo records were lost to fire , only records of guns up to 1781 exist . Love to see some stats into the western movement ...lots of short barreled GU s came about then

What’s the name of your trade gun book and who’s the author if you don’t mind I’d be interested in seeing if I could get a copy.thankyou
Some early gun info from HBCo

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_140811.jpg
    IMG_20230713_140811.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230713_140751.jpg
    IMG_20230713_140751.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230713_140745.jpg
    IMG_20230713_140745.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230713_140737.jpg
    IMG_20230713_140737.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I go more fir the long 48” barrel. 18 century long slender type Fowler. Museum of the fur trade has a firearms of the fur trade. Full of NW guns. With specs on guns late 18 century to 1920

Handmade N.W. Trade Gun for sale . 26" , 24 ga. barrel , 13.5" L.O.P. , 4.5 pds, cherry stock , patina stock . RE Davis lock , fast ignition . I still have to brown the barrel and trigger guard but other than that its done . Has character to the stock so look at the pics good . After these preliminary pics I'll post a bunch more . $1300 plus shipping .
If and when u build another to sell message me im hunting for a trade rifle !! Beautiful work!!

Back