• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

N. Kendall serial numbers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenaiken

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm still working on my history of gun making in Windsor, Vt. and would like to thank everyone that has been of help. This is a huge project and I've been at it for 8 years.

I'd appreciate any photos or information, especially about rifles and pistols from N. Kendall & Co. with serial numbers. It seems that serial numbers began in 1836 or 1837. The personal gun of William B. Smith (one of the partners of N. Kendall & Co. and inventor of Smith's Improved Patented Stud Lock and co-inventor of the Waterproof Rifle) has serial number 1 and his patented lock.

I have pictures of the Linn rifle from Texas. It appears similar to others that date from the early 1840s HOWEVER I still looking for ANY information on underhammer rifles in Texas circa 1835-1837.

Any and all information regarding the Jennings repeating rifle (worked on by Richard S. Lawrence, Daniel B. Wesson, Horace Smith, and contracted by Courtland Palmer of N.Y.C.) would be appreciated. If anyone has photos of any version of the Jennings, please let me know.

Who now owns the Waterproof Rifles from the auction of Eldon Owens in Claremont, NH? Also, the Ball musket (full stock), the Volcanic pistol, and the Jennings repeater? I need to stay in touch with these particular items -- I have taken the photos and most of the measurements from when Eldon was still with us.

Thank you so much for your support. Too much of our early firearms history has been lost or distorted, I'm trying to set the record straight. -- [email protected]

Hi Ken I don't recall if I sent or posted this copy of an old add FW sent me. It's from an advertisement in the Missouri Republic February 21,1838.

Possile leads for research is the names of the "appointed sales agents". Wonder if their records are stored anywhere. See the last paragraph.

28320add2.JPG

Back