My sons first weekend with flinter

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
FE12A988-64D4-42E3-9A37-92305687F57A.jpeg B27DA5F8-88C8-4C82-8A84-0F03FF43CDBD.png My son came to the farm this past weekend and we were able to do a little hunting, fishing, and shooting. Just a great time! He wanted to shoot a flintlock so I pulled out my favorite flinter and we had a great time. I treasure these times.......... Greg

Larry (Omaha)

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Great photos of your flinter in action. It is extra fun when your son can do things with you. On the down side, please have him use safety glasses and hearing protection. I shot for years, cuz I didn't know any better and now wear hearing aids. Even with the hearing aids, my hearing isn't all that great.
flintlocklar

flinter1977

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That's great . my daughter likes to shoot my tower flintlock pistol . makes a dad proud. Thanks for sharing.

Larry P

Pilgrim
Reaction score
No shooting glasses with a flintlock isn't very wise, sorry to be a spoiled sport. But thanks for the pics anyway.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I completely agree Larry P. I brought that to his attention and when we shot targets later in the day he had some protection at that time. Thanks for your reply! Greg

Col. Batguano

69 Cal.
Reaction score
ML'ers seem to be something that people gravitate to once they have experienced what else is available in the shooting world, They take patience and persistence, which is't a common virtue in the young.

Reaction score
I never did, never in the pressroom either. And of course not at the Sammy Hagar/Boston concert (nor others to follow).

Say what??
Ha! I know what you mean. First job when i was 14 was as a trap boy at the local gun club. Then i got in to punk rock, then the shipyard, track gang in the subway, maintenance mechanic at a stone quarry, bang bang bangin' away every chance i got all the while, and ear plugs are for sussies. Yeah, sissies that can still hear.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends that we all used to hunt with traditional muzzleloader. Now neither of those use their muzzleloader anymore. I’m glad that my son is interested in them now. He “gets” it! Greg :)

Coalforge

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I wear safety glasses with corrective lenses almost all the time. For hunting, I wear earmuffs that have amplification as well as a noise limiter. I can hear much more of what is going on around me than I can without the extra amplification.

S.Kenton

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I wear prescription glasses... but not safety glasses. When I target shoot I wear ear plugs or noise canceling head phones. However while hunting,I dont wear hearing protection. To each his own, if you don’t want to wear protection of any kind it’s no skin off my back. Im glad you shared your story and the photos. Just my 2 cents.

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
When on a range I wear glasses and ear protection. When hunting I wear glasses because they are prescription to see well but I don't use ear protection. Sometimes one needs to hear things that the plugs block out. For a shot or two I can put up with the noise beins I'm half deaf already.

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
When on a range I wear glasses and ear protection. When hunting I wear glasses because they are prescription to see well but I don't use ear protection. Sometimes one needs to hear things that the plugs block out. For a shot or two I can put up with the noise beins I'm half deaf already.
welcome to the half deaf club!mine is because of to much gun fire in SAM'S ARMY in the 1960's. we were not issued with ear protection.

Latest posts