• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Uberty '51 Navy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegrass

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got a new Uberti 51 Navy and it's pretty sweet. The finish is great and the action is buttery smooth. There's just one problem. While I had her apart cleaning the grease out, one of the two little pins in the end of the frame (barrel pins?) fell out. Now I have one loose pin and one stuck in the barrel assembly. Do both pins go in the frame, or do they go in the barrel assembly? The schematic at Numrich looks like they go into the frame.

The big question is, do I send her back to Uberti, or do I just lock tight the loose one in the barrel assembly? Other than those pins, this is one fine revolver! :thumbsup:

Any help is appreciated!

My pins are in the frame. Mine is from a CVA kit though.
Mine have never loosened, so I don't know if they are soldered,pressed in or what, but they should stay in the frame. I assume this a .36 cap revolver with the ships on the cylinder. I would clean and locktite, or soft solder the pins in.
Regards,
Terry

Thanks for the info Terry. Mine is the .36 cal with ships on the cylinder. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it would be silly to send her back to Uberti for something that small. Reckon I'll just locktite the pins back in.

They often loosen over time and you have to watch that they don't get lost while cleaning. It makes no difference whether they are fastened in the frame or the barrel.

Back