• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My New Birthday rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday, and Best Wishes for many more. :hatsoff:
Enjoy that beautiful rifle for years to come, and enjoy many hunts with the fine friend who built it. :thumbsup:
And, the lock position looks just fine to me. :wink:

Another belated Happy Birthday Longhunter. What a beautiful rifle. You're a blessed man to have such a good friend. Many more years of making smoke, blessings to you.

Very nice. Quite the piece of wood too. The butt carving looks to be very tastefully executed. Can we see some close ups, and the patch box (I presume it has one)?

Congrats! Good friends like that are pretty rare. Blessed are those that do. I'm sure he feels the same appreciation about your friendship. Good friends and family are what making a life complete is all about! Greg :)

Very nice. Quite the piece of wood too. The butt carving looks to be very tastefully executed. Can we see some close ups, and the patch box (I presume it has one)?

No patch box, I didn't want one

newgun4.jpg

newgun5.jpg

newgun6.jpg

newgun7.jpg

Happy belated birthday Longhunter! May you have many more. Beautiful rifle. Congratulation. You are an inspiration :wink:

Best regards.

Do you know what stain and finish was put on there?

2 coats wakon bay aqua fortis, allowed to dry
brushed with heat gun, rubbed back-hand rubbed Laurel mtn. Forge sealer- proper dose bone black

So it was 2 coats of AF and THEN blushed, or 1 coat, blush, 1 coat, blush. Then knocked back with sandpaper or something. Then the sealer coat after that? Or did I miss something?

What's "proper dose bone black"?

I didn't finish the rifle. That's the builder discretion, I don't believe I'd use anything as abrasive as sandpaper to polish. :nono:

1st Happy Birthday. That said BEAUTIFUL rifle great cal from a great friend and very skilled builder. ENJOY :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Back