• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help needed identifying a flintlock rifle builder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy2

32 Cal
Reaction score
20221109_184727.jpg
20221109_184810.jpg
20221109_185111.jpg
20221109_185043.jpg

Dear Members,
I am a long time shooter with many other types of firearms, and decided to jump into the classics (flintlock) I recently purchased a 45 caliber Pennsylvania style or maybe Kentucky flintlock with a 42” barrel. In my opinion this rifle is a work of art. It has a extra fancy maple stock with fine ornate carving, beautiful brass inlays. The steel is engraved elegantly in many locations, it also has some brass ornaments. The company I purchased this firearm stated maker unknown. Studying the firearm, I found a name St. Bery ( Not Berry) located on the forend of the stock, engraved in the brass nose cone. Does anyone have any information on this builder or thoughts on what style the rifle is? I haven't had the opportunity to shoot this rifle yet. (poor weather) Thanks in advance for any help. Keith

The Roman nose, the curve on the bottom of the butt, two piece patch box and the type of star on cheek piece. i would say probably a Lehigh or eastern part of Berks County. That is a really beautiful rifle, a shame the maker didn't sign it.

Really nice! Looks like a Lehigh to me. How’s the Bore look?

Latest posts

Back