• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

CLOSED Lehigh County Flintlock Rifle, 45 Cal Swamped Douglas, Siler, Burled Maple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ Muzzleloaders

Dave Puvogel
Reaction score
Lehigh County, Pennsylvania Muzzleloader Flintlock Rifle, 45 Cal Swamped (Tapered and flared) Douglas XX Barrel. Barrel measures 42" x 0.95" at the breech, 0.74 at the narrow point, and 0.83" at the muzzle. Large Siler flintlock lock. Stock is Figured / Burled Maple. 3 1/4" drop at the heel. 13 3/4" length of trigger pull. 58" overall length. Relief and incised carved. Side plate and butt plate are engraved. Side plate is marked R. Goehring on the reverse side (Reeves Goehring foundry). I don't know if the remainder of the brass is made by him as well as I didn't pull them. German silver thumb piece and hunter's star on the cheek piece. No maker's mark on the rifle. Looks to have been made in the 1970's or 1980's. Drilled for sling swivels which are not installed in the photos but included. Barrel channel has been bedded. A couple of pieces of wire inlay are missing on the sliding wood patchbox. The wood end of the ramrod is damaged. A couple of minor dents in the stock from normal usage. If you have questions, feel free to ask. $2600 plus actual shipping.
Thanks
Dave
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    860.9 KB · Views: 0
The entire thing is mind blowing
There is zero I dont like about this, caliber, wood, lock, its just flat beautiful.

Could you give us the weight and does it have radius or straight grove rifling?
Buy with confidence, this is a good guy to work with.

Spectacular and rare wood, a fitting home for all the custom pieces of metal. Like most people seeing this piece of art, I am going to openly lament my lack of funds to buy it, the lack of space to keep it, the few opportunities to use it. But at least I got to see it, thank you AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back