• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Knives & Axe.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belt knife

Rib_Tickler.jpg

Bag knifenessmuk old.jpg

These are the knives & belt axe I carry:
Belt knife forged from a Farrier's rasp
Penny knife made by a friend
Friction-folder, blade forged from a Stihl flat chainsaw file
Polled Axe, made from a shingling hatchet head that I put on a diet and replaced the handle
View attachment 1879
Great collection. Love the way you transformed a roofing hammer. Great idea

I carry three knives, a hunting knife, a legging knife, & a clasp knife.
Knife-002-REDUCED.jpg

Legging-Knife-2-REDUCED.jpg

Opinel-folding-knife-2-REDUCED.jpg

Tomahawk-002-KH-REDUCED.jpg

Keith.
knives hawk.jpg
Mine are not as authentic looking as yours but I've had them for 20 years or so and once used them a lot. Now days I mostly use the 2 blade trapper when field dressing and skinning my deer. A lot of times I just use one of the kitchen knives for all of it. I hunt these days close to home and from the kill to the ice box is less than an hour mostly. I have been looking at a knife in the crazy crow site. It has the look.

These are the knives & belt axe I carry:
Belt knife forged from a Farrier's rasp
Penny knife made by a friend
Friction-folder, blade forged from a Stihl flat chainsaw file
Polled Axe, made from a shingling hatchet head that I put on a diet and replaced the handle
View attachment 1879
Very nice, the axe looks hand tooled, your work? Ah, yes I see it is! Nice!

One of my great uncle's knives. It reads Joseph Allen & Son Sheffield England. Blade is razor sharp. I have some other's but this was the only one I felt would be of interest on this thread. Back story on this knife. I kept it on a book shelf by my bed many years ago. Anyway, I awoke in the night to go pee (only got worse with age). Tripped over the bead spread that was on the floor partly. I reached out to break my fall, got the book stand shelf, and didn't fall. Probably should have fallen. I didn't feel it, but when I got to the bathroom I was surprised to see my hand had a bit of blood on it. Upon further examination I found the knife had cut cleanly through my hand below the index finger. When I moved my fingers it began bleeding like a stuck pig. See pictures I still have below. Yep, in case your wondering, I'm still a Spaz! LOL
Note the Book The Frontiersman on the bottom shelf, one of my favorites, along with Blue Jacket. I found a better place to put the knife after that indecent. I don't know, but I suspect that was first and last blood for this knife. I don't know if my great uncle was a hunter. He owned a millinery shop in Newark, OH. When I was a boy my great aunt always wore the most beautiful hats. Didn't hurt she had the good looks to go with them. She had some of the most beautiful fur coats as well. Mink, Fox, and Ermine. Absolutely beautiful. Hats were popular with women, and apparently uncle Arthur did quit well during the post WWII boom times. He had served as a officer in WWI Army Air Corp IIRC, and was much older than my great aunt. They had no children. When my aunt passed I inherited the knife, and his solid gold pocket watch (it still worked), it was engraved on the inside of the cover. A gift from his father upon his graduation from college. My nephew now has that watch. I didn't have any sons. Just our two girls. Lately, I have been gifting some of my gun collection and other things of value or sentimental value to the family. That John Steinbeck book is probably Travels with Charley.
IMG_1136_zpscsz6updu.jpg

IMG_1130_zps9gf0iwyv.jpg
Image1_zpsca9d1888.jpg
Image2_zpsb543b8a0.jpg

Image3_zps73d57858.jpg

Back