• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first muzzleloader!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty_Possum

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello the camp!

My first muzzleloader I bought a little while back. Still working on getting my gear together so I can go shooting but it's not a bad rifle for $135 after a Mosin trade in. She's a .45 cal marked "dikar spain", she's used but she's in good condition :grin:

044_zpseef39a6b.jpg
[/URL][/img]
043_zpsecc40250.jpg
[/URL][/img]
045_zps2e915005.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Those are actually good, solid rifles and can be surprisingly accurate. I like the way they shoulder and handle and almost bought a new one once. Enjoy.

I got started with one just like it. The one i had was a tack driver with 60grns of fff, a .015 patch and a .440 ball. Im shure you'll have some fun with it.

Do I understand you correctly that you gave $135 and a Mosin Nagant rifle for this gun?

What's the going value of Mosin Nagants these days? Just curious, J.D.

i have one of those myself! and if the stock had not broke id be shooting it...how ever its now a set of parts waiting for a stock lol...but man was it a shooter ...have fun and take care of her n shell take care of you

jdkerstetter said:
Do I understand you correctly that you gave $135 and a Mosin Nagant rifle for this gun?

What's the going value of Mosin Nagants these days? Just curious, J.D.

Buying: $150-$250
Selling/trading in: $50-$70

My local gun shop is a good place, the owner gave me a $70 trade value for it, the rifle was originally $200 before taxes.

TraprMike said:
they start to multiply fast.

that's true, for sure ... by the way, never put two muzzle loaders next to one another in the gun safe ... do you have any idea what they do when it's dark and quiet and they think nobody's looking?

OK - let's keep things "G" rated here and simply ask what's the gestational period on a flintlock?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Now you've gone and done it! Soon you'll be talking about locks stocks & barrels, and not mean padlocks, chicken stocks, and wine barrels :blah:

Life will seem empty if your clothes don't smell like burnt powder :idunno:

And ya might as well name that there rifle gun "potato chip" cuz you'll never be happy with just one :rotf:

Back