• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First deer with a muzzleloader - TC Hawken 50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebornMNGuy

36 Cl.
Reaction score
After hunting deer for 32 years with new guns, I got into muzzleloader hunting a couple years ago. That first year out, I didn't even see a deer. This year hasn't been much better so when this doe presented itself, I dopped the hammer. I took her using the TC 50 with 90 grains of Swiss using those brand-new bullets from Hornady that we're not allowed to talk about on the forum .... the really pointy ones that require a special loading jag ..... Echo, Lima, Delta - Xray. On a 40 yard shot the bullet was perfectly centered and about 4" high from my intended point of aim. The ENTRANCE hole was 3" in diameter or more ... she didn't go far. They work very well out of the ole TC ... at least in mine they do. Still hunting here ... Hope to update with a wall mounter, but for now this one will have to do.

2023 Hunt Face Block.jpg

After hunting deer for 32 years with new guns, I got into muzzleloader hunting a couple years ago. That first year out, I didn't even see a deer. This year hasn't been much better so when this doe presented itself, I dopped the hammer. I took her using the TC 50 with 90 grains of Swiss using those brand-new bullets from Hornady that we're not allowed to talk about on the forum .... the really pointy ones that require a special loading jag ..... Echo, Lima, Delta - Xray. On a 40 yard shot the bullet was perfectly centered and about 4" high from my intended point of aim. The ENTRANCE hole was 3" in diameter or more ... she didn't go far. They work very well out of the ole TC ... at least in mine they do. Still hunting here ... Hope to update with a wall mounter, but for now this one will have to do.

View attachment 273102
Congratulations on first muzzleloader deer. Hope you get plenty more.

Is your day job doing Jack-in-the-Box commercial and ads? You look familiar.
1701316175004.png

Congratulations on first muzzleloader deer. Hope you get plenty more.

Is your day job doing Jack-in-the-Box commercial and ads? You look familiar.
View attachment 273104
LMAO ... how did you guess? You're good! In seriousness I also comment in the political sections here ... and elsewhere. Don't need certain folks using facial recognition to find out my exact whereabouts lol.

I too was ashamed to reveal my true identity for using the unmentionable pointy things. Now I shoot Maxis and have come out of the darkness. 🤣 Congrats on your harvest.
Lol ... I have plenty of traditional lead. I just heard good things about those and wanted to give them a shot. They performed well on target practice. They performed better in reality.

Your behind the tech curve of the surveillance state. By now they've run the deer. GOTCHA!
Sad part is ... you're all too accurate in that statement. About time the facts come out about what the government is collecting on people here at home. The Ed Snowden whistle blower videos were a real eye opener.

View attachment 273102
Congratulations👏 How did you see to shoot?😀😁😂😃😄😅😆😉

Congratulations! :thumb: Good looking doe.

Muzzleloader season weather in MN has been more like October than end of November. Looks like it keeps up through next week, so enjoy while you continue your search for antlers. You should have a good chance because the MN DNR says that deer are thick as ticks on a hound, and they wouldn't lie! ;):p

Latest posts

Back