• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first Kibler Assemble

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking rifle

I ordered a plain piece of maple as well and was also surprised by the amount of figure, maybe we both got lucky!
French, I was definitely surprised when I first seen it. If that's a common pice of plain maple from Kibler just fancy or extra fancy... Then again maybe we both just lucked out...

Take Care Stay Safe

I like the light color that that Ant Maple stain gave. Thanks for sharing
Rick
Your welcome, Rick.

I tried 4 different combinations on the samples they sent me, the one I chose was a shade darker. At first I thought O.S. but continued on, I am happy with it. Just want to add, watch Jim's video on using Laurel Mountain Permalyn, he is finishing a SMR. I watched it after I was done. Good information.

Take Care Stay Safe

Looks great, Kibler has for sure dialed in their CNC programs for perfection.
Thanks, Treetop..
Yes he did dial her in, cleaning up the inletting was easier than I first thought.
Most of the removal was at breech to stock, and that wasnt much.
Even though inletting was minimal, take your time...

Take Care Stay Safe

I thought I would go ahead and post this.
It's a Colonial .58 Smoothbore.
It's my first time assembling an gun kit.
Very little inletting, very clean from Kibler.
I watched Jim's videos, learned alot.
It went well.
I see room for improvement, but overall I'm happy with it.
It's plain maple.
I was very happy with it.
If your new to assembling gun kits, take your time, look and feel your work.
Be careful when sanding, and filing.
Do so very little a double check before continuing to file or sand...
I didn't want it to dark. I feel a little darker but again I'm happy with it.
The quality is there.
I guessed 12 hours wife said maybe 15 hours.
I did leave barrel in the white, I'm going oil it up for now and let time take care oof for me. Next one I will brown.
I thank all those on the forum for sharing their knowledge, I went from years of shooting only percussion and conical bullets, to PRB, and Flintlocks...
Again thanks to all.

Take Care Stay Safe

Fred.
Nice smoothie you have there Fred

Back