• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first flinter is in!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a cheap plastic short starter and was loading when the part that you can thread a jag into came out and I did not notice. When I fired I noticed a good bit of difference in recoil, started checking around and noticed it was missing. I sent that and my spinjag downrange, never found the spinjag.

M.D. said:
And then there are a few of those intrepid souls who have actually sent the loading rod down range!
I've probably dry balled enough over the last fifty years to qualify for one rod shot though although I have not actually done so yet! :rotf:
Quail hunting with my buddies in Utah with a double percussion shotgun, a covey flew up, first shot, 3 birds, 2nd shot 1 bird. I noticed an arrow on the 2nd shot, and did not remember any one packing a bow. I turned around to ask who had the twig flipper and every one was laughing. seems the first shot disloged the ramrod a few inches from the recoil and the 2nd shot caught the brass tip and bye bye ramrod. it sailed out there about 250 yards, and the further out toward the ramrod I walked to retrieve it the louder the laughter got, it does happen!

Back