• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oh, Come On With the Inflated Caps!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During a skirmish at Goliad this past March, I lost my Polish Capper with almost a whole tin of caps in it.
The previous year, I lost a small deer-horn-bowled smoking pipe.
Maybe the Ghosts of Goliad needed more supplies!
I was happy to contribute.
Kind of...

Remember the Alamo!
Remember Goliad!
God Bless Texas!
1715006965556.png

Was at a county-level gun show over the weekend, and of course no Caps. One small dealer had a newish bubble pack of CCI's #11, and you could see where the price had been 'changed' a couple times, up to $30!! That's 30 cents a shot! Don't drop one at the range!!
Don't drop the soap around there either! Always found it odd the way "gun dealers and vendors" have to try and take advantage of their customer base. I'm sure he didn't pay an eighth of that. Unless they were magic caps.

I randomly found two tins of Remington #10s available at Natchez during their hazmat sale the other day, $9.99 each.

I didn't even get an email notification they were there, I was just browsing and was able to add them to my cart, but was the last 2 left sadly.

Besides that RWS caps are pretty much available 100% of the time and from what I hear are perfectly fine with all guns
(I haven't tested them yet)

I randomly found two tins of Remington #10s available at Natchez during their hazmat sale the other day, $9.99 each.

I didn't even get an email notification they were there, I was just browsing and was able to add them to my cart, but was the last 2 left sadly.

Besides that RWS caps are pretty much available 100% of the time and from what I hear are perfectly fine with all guns
(I haven't tested them yet)
Yeah, seems everyone who’s tried them really likes them. Guess it’s worth a try but at the additional expense over Remingtons? It wouldn’t likely be something I bought often. However I just bought a cap making tool and got it today. Got tired of reading threads talking about the lack of percussion caps except for a few places, it’s happened too many times so figured I’d give it a shot. And I like making things if I can.

Yeah, seems everyone who’s tried them really likes them. Guess it’s worth a try but at the additional expense over Remingtons? It wouldn’t likely be something I bought often. However I just bought a cap making tool and got it today. Got tired of reading threads talking about the lack of percussion caps except for a few places, it’s happened too many times so figured I’d give it a shot. And I like making things if I can.
I think the price is alright considering the circumstances (pretty much vs nothing or overpriced gunbroker), especially if you catch them at a hazmat sale w a free shipping code (that's what I did at powder valley)... they also have musket caps too

I plan to pickup a percussion cap maker too, I always always forget though. Do you have the #11 size one?

However, what I want to know is...Has anyone tested the difference between the RWS Plus and the normal versions? I assume the plus are better for igniting a rifle load due to being hotter, but maybe not as good in cap and ball revolvers than the normal ones with weaker hammers as they might be easier to ignite than the Plus models?

I've onl got the plus type, but if anyone has experience with both, please chime in!

I think the price is alright considering the circumstances (pretty much vs nothing or overpriced gunbroker), especially if you catch them at a hazmat sale w a free shipping code (that's what I did at powder valley)... they also have musket caps too

I plan to pickup a percussion cap maker too, I always always forget though. Do you have the #11 size one?

However, what I want to know is...Has anyone tested the difference between the RWS Plus and the normal versions? I assume the plus are better for igniting a rifle load due to being hotter, but maybe not as good in cap and ball revolvers than the normal ones with weaker hammers as they might be easier to ignite than the Plus models?

I've onl got the plus type, but if anyone has experience with both, please chime in!
So I have both RWS and the RWS Plus. I've found no real difference honestly. Both are excellent, reliable, and noticeably louder than standard caps. Yeah the Plus are probably a little hotter but the regulars work just as good for me.

I only use them with my rifles, the CCI get used for my revolvers. Since the flash hole is directly in line with the chamber there's no need to use a magnum cap.

So the one thousand that arrived at my house last week don't exist? I think you are on drugs, not me.
What do the drugs have to do with this?? Funny guy, you must get accused of being on drugs a lot because you were mighty defensive when no one mentioned anything of the sort.

What do the drugs have to do with this?? Funny guy, you must get accused of being on drugs a lot because you were mighty defensive when no one mentioned anything of the sort.
Yeah, he spent a long time tripping out in one of my classified threads until the mods removed it. I just assume he's a troll at this point lol

Don't drop the soap around there either! Always found it odd the way "gun dealers and vendors" have to try and take advantage of their customer base. I'm sure he didn't pay an eighth of that. Unless they were magic caps.
It's called supply and demand for a reason ! Should buy when available , stuff never gets cheaper and short sighted never gets trigger time just more fence posts (former guns) /Ed

It's called supply and demand for a reason ! Should buy when available , stuff never gets cheaper and short sighted never gets trigger time just more fence posts (former guns) /Ed
Knock yourself out. Buy all the $30 caps your heart desires. I have enough to keep going for a good while.

Latest posts

Back