• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Traditional Hawken Hunter?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one of these? And what is this amalgam of features? Appears to be intended as a conical rifle but the lock it's paired with is iffy, product description says small hunting lock (think pistol size, small pistol). Rubber butt pad and the cheapest furniture I've yet seen on a ML, would not have paid retail will say that.
I picked it up cheap enough, NIB, and unfired so eh. Only reason I figured to take a chance on it is the thing DOES NOT HAVE A PATENT BREACH. It's a .54 with a 1-24 twist rate and the inside of the barrel looks dang good. Did some work on the vent liner, made it 1/16" from whatever smaller metric size it was and smoothed the cones out with a diamond burr bit. Probably shoot it once I'm done squirrel hunting tomorrow. Odd rifle...

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_185433792.jpg
    IMG_20230913_185433792.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230913_185512923.jpg
    IMG_20230913_185512923.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 0
1:24 is FAST.

Petroleum based bullet koozie fast.

Looks like something Pedersorry slapped together so the in-line guys can shoot in a flintlock only season.

Last edited:
1:24 is FAST.

Petroleum based bullet koozie fast.

Looks like something Pedersorry slapped together so the in-line guys can shoot in a flintlock only season.
That makes sense. I figured for the price and the style of breach if that lock doesn't turn out to be reliable, I would at least get some parts for a future project I've been toying with.

Shot it this afternoon. Outside of that sorry excuse for a rock that came in the lock it did okay. Once I figured out the flint was causing the troubles, I got a dozen shots off without fail. With how long I was out of the BP game my supplies of projectiles for the caliber and twist this has is wanting so tomorrow I believe I'll cast some up.

If I owned the copywrite on "Hawken" I would sue "Ol Peder to remove the Hawken name! But I don't ,so have fun shootin that bad boy! Try sabot type bullets, they may be the ticket!

If I owned the copywrite on "Hawken" I would sue "Ol Peder to remove the Hawken name! But I don't ,so have fun shootin that bad boy! Try sabot type bullets, they may be the ticket!
Someone needs the back of their hand smacked with a ruler for the use of the name Hawken on this thing. I do have a good store of those sleeves you mentioned but that caliber can be hard to come by so they are reserved for others.
It did well with the conical I was using today, just didn't like how difficult they were to start.
No idea why I bought or even why I'm messing with this thing. I have so many other nicer toys to play with.

It's definitely rifled for conical bullets. It should use a bullet that "engraves" going down the bore so it won't slide back out. Experiment and get a mold of the correct size. The bullet should not slide down easily nor require great strength just to seat it.

Latest posts

Back