• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My best muzzleloader buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protrucker

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a link to see a larger picture of my best muzzleloader buck. I don't know how to put it in a post yet. I've tried several times without success. :(

http://www.trophyphotos.com/photos/full/2753.jpg

I got this buck December 1, 2001 with my .54 percussion T/C Renegade. I was hunting with a friend & had told him that I wasn't going to shoot a buck that day unless it was a real good one. I was sneaking thru some brush when a small buck came trotting up and stopped in front of me. I automatically shouldered my gun and aimed. Then I remembered what I had told my friend & lowered the gun. About then the buck ran up to my right stopped & looked behind him. I looked to see what he was looking at and saw a doe coming thru. I had a doe tag to fill, so I tried to get a shot at her. She kept moving too fast & ran up to my left before I could take a shot. Out of the corner of my eye I saw another deer(the buck in the picture) coming. He was moving slower & paused right where there was a hole in the brush. Before I could even think about it, my rifle went off & the buck took a single bound out of sight. I reloaded & went to where the buck had been. When I got there I could see the 8 pt. buck laying where he expired after his first bound.

Use the
tags around the URL of your photo and it will show up like this:
2753.jpg

Great buck! Congratulations!

BMM,
VERY NICE!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
snake-eyes :applause: :master: :applause: :master: :peace: :)

Wow-very nice. I will be hunting for mulies for the first time with a muzzleloader this year. I just got a lyman .54. Looks like a .54 will do the job nicely.

Wow, nice NY State Buck. I hunt near Woodhaul NY so I have seen some like this but have not taken one yet.
Chap Gleason Va

Thanks everyone.

StaticXD00d, I'll try that next time.

I've taken a Canadian black bear with the same load in my flintlock T/C Renegade too, but I haven't gotten the pictures to post yet. As soon as I get them I'll try to add them.

"Here's my best buck taken some years back with a custom .54 flinter."

I say who is that darkhaired, young, good looking fellow, Oh it's Ron! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

LOL! Old father time catches up with us all if we're fortune enough! Sure beats the alternative don't it!

Nice bucks fellows!

YMH&OS,
Chuck

Very Very nice Buck Bald Mountain MAN!!!I am just drooling over that one,let me tell ya.And to take it with Black powder makes it twice the Trophy!! :applause:

NWTF Longhunter,
That's a bute also!!!! Thanks for
sharing! :applause: :master: :applause: :master: :applause:
snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

"Here's my best buck taken some years back with a custom .54 flinter..."

I do declare that's a young Ron LaClair!! :master:

Some years back? Didn't know they had cameras back then... :crackup:

Nice buck!!

Jerry

I do declare that's a young Ron LaClair!!

Some years back? Didn't know they had cameras back then...

Nice buck!!Jerry

That was only 27 years ago come this fall....seems like only yesterday. :winking:

Niec buck NWTF Longhunter. The years sure do go by awful fast don't they. I remember my first bowkill in 1976 as if it was just yesterday too......29 years. WOW!!! Hope the next 29 don't go by so fast! :boohoo:

Bald Mtn Man,
You sure are right about what we
remember and what we don't :imo: I can remember
the first rabbit i took when i was 9 or 10 years old
with a 16ga. Savage or Stevens shotgun(not clear on
that point), that was 50 years ago but i can't
remember what i had for dinner last nite :what: :huh:
Figure that out :redface:
:: ain't it
snake-eyes

Nice buck Bald ,I took a big doe with the 58cal I have pictured here.Funny thing though,that day I got 2 squirrels with it seems to be a fonder memory..... :front:

Niec buck NWTF Longhunter. The years sure do go by awful fast don't they. I remember my first bowkill in 1976 as if it was just yesterday too......29 years. WOW!!! Hope the next 29 don't go by so fast!

They go faster as you go. Here's my first bow killed deer taken in 1961 and a fox I got lucky on in 1958. Ya Jerry, that's was me before I grew whiskers :haha:
First-bow-deer1.jpg
younger%20days%20004.jpg

Latest posts

Back