• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun Value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Ellis

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I am going to a Gun Show Saturday and will be taking some guns to sale and would like some input of the value Number 1 CVA Kentucky 45 caliber nice bore and wood percussion Number 2 CVA Mountain rifle percussion some light pitting in bore but shoots well wood average wear 50 caliber Number 3 JB 12mm made in Brazil bore good wood good smooth bore Number 4 Pietta 44 caliber revolver percussion 1858 Remington like new 8 inch barrel steel frame target sights I just want to get a fair price for seller and buyer THX in advance

Last edited:
I watch CVA Kentucky rifles on GB and I have seen recent rifles actually selling for $200 to $250. A few imo real trash. If your Kentucky is USA made add a hundred. I think the CVA Mountain rifle runs about $100 more than the Kentucky rifle. The others someone else needs to comment on. Good luck.

Traded for a 40 cal Belgium made Turner Kirklin long rifle in very nice condition so the pistol is gone and now have room for the Ruger Old Army that should be here Monday

I'd ask $1000 on any long rifle and let someone talk you down. There isn't a new rifle today that sells for less that $1000, pedersoli included. Even Ruger old army pistols are now $850 or $900. I remember when you could buy those all day long for $225.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Back