• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzle blast magazine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALOT OF ancient living and history if thats what your into.And area charter clubs and state territorial scheduals...Muzzleblast is included with the national muzzleloading ass membership.They get or try to get each states territorials a shooting contest thats all recorded and you can beat a worlds record or place in line shooting top for the year and then get a medalion.ITS like 20.00 to register and 12.00 a aggregate that consist of 1 target at 25 2 at 50 yards and one at 100.A hunters (animal targets) and off hand target circles.BENCH /pistol flintlock/and cap n flint together.cross sticks.musket.smoothbore..its good fun oh and ladies catagory too.plus juinor.A NRA membership allows you to compete also.AFTER ALL THAT YOU shoot the territorial ...you,ll never know nothing from the magazine on how you did..they just forget about it it seems ..and then put top shooters in at somepoint..I STOPPED THE MEMBERSHIP because of that..plus noting really about hunting...only a few pages in the back and the rest ancient living and camping and recipes to cook muffins ect on a campfire..or some inhabiants that lived in a place that no,ones heard of and some indians n that did good or bad to pilgrims.

I think it is worthwhile to join the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association (NMLRA). Muzzle Blasts comes with your membership. It comes every month. I can usually find something interesting to read in every issue, but I rarely keep them any more. There are some good hunting stories now and then, and write-ups about antique or custom-built guns, but relatively few of the articles are written by professional writers.

Notchy Bob

ALOT OF ancient living and history if thats what your into.And area charter clubs and state territorial scheduals...Muzzleblast is included with the national muzzleloading ass membership.They get or try to get each states territorials a shooting contest thats all recorded and you can beat a worlds record or place in line shooting top for the year and then get a medalion.ITS like 20.00 to register and 12.00 a aggregate that consist of 1 target at 25 2 at 50 yards and one at 100.A hunters (animal targets) and off hand target circles.BENCH /pistol flintlock/and cap n flint together.cross sticks.musket.smoothbore..its good fun oh and ladies catagory too.plus juinor.A NRA membership allows you to compete also.AFTER ALL THAT YOU shoot the territorial ...you,ll never know nothing from the magazine on how you did..they just forget about it it seems ..and then put top shooters in at somepoint..I STOPPED THE MEMBERSHIP because of that..plus noting really about hunting...only a few pages in the back and the rest ancient living and camping and recipes to cook muffins ect on a campfire..or some inhabiants that lived in a place that no,ones heard of and some indians n that did good or bad to pilgrims.
So you trash the NMLRA because you only see the results of the territorials once after they are all finished? That is the only reason? You think you are going ro win the whole thing? Childish. Compete against yourself, not the world. Jeez.

It's a good organization and the magazine in nice. But it focuses more for the Eastern shooter than te Western shooter. , For many years the NMLRA put on a Winter shoot here in Arizona, but they didn't feel they got enough support so they cancelled out. I can't make the trip to Friendship so I'm left in the cold so to speak

Yes it is worth it and is more than just a magazine. Been a member since '65 and currently a life member. I have all my magazine issues except one that I loaned out and never got back.

I have every single physical copy of Muzzle Blasts published. It’s a great resource. On ALR I often send folks pics of articles for their research so if anyone needs something like that PM me. Also members of the NMLRA can access all the digital copies on their website. Good stuff.

Back