• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mink oil lube?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageArcher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was cleaning up my work boots with some Kiwi mink oil when the thought crossed my mind that this stuff sure is alot like Wonder Lube but slicker it seemed. Figure I might use some as patch lube next time I go shoot. The lanolin and silicone might make a decent subsistute for Wonder lube. Heck it seemed everyone here has done tried everything else under the sun I might as well give expermintation a shot. :grin:

Now you have done it, Mink Oil is the secret patch lube for many.

FWIW, I also use it for resizing brass, and the lube for BP cast bullet loads.

Don't forget it'll waterproof your boots too. :grin:

Dang I should of known someone would have tried it first. The stuff looks to dang good not to try. It's bad when everytime you come across something thats both waxy and slick you have to wonder if it'll lube a PRB. I think its a symptom of going traditional. :rotf:

Don't forget it'll waterproof your boots too. :grin:

Dang, using it for that never occured to me. :)

For cold weather Iv'e had good success with Trapper's pure Mink Oil Tallow. It's great in cold (below freezing temps). I also use Wonder Lube but it's not recommende for below freezing temps.

Back