• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mini Cannon Rework

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odentheviking

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello All, Inspired by btech's post of "mini cannon" he built.... I pulled out my old, rusty, beat up 1/5th scale Napoleon from CVA. Fixed the broken wood, took the rust off, and painted the whole thing!
001.jpg

I was going to put this back as close as possible to a real ACW Napoleon..... but then decided to just rebuild it as it came to me. It had most the parts in place.
002.jpg

Could not find any Soldiers but these two Vikings agreed to man the gun for me! This is the one thing I do not like about these old CVA Napoleons.... they are 1/5th scale, not 1/6th, and hard to find figures that look right next to them.
005.jpg

I guess I am not the only one who uses figures with my cannons. I have a South bend Cannon "The Continental" It's about 1/12 size. so I dressed up a couple of 12" GI Joes in confederate uniforms loaded their hands with sponges, a .58 round ball, a rammer, and a gunner and took a couple of photos.

Poor Private said:
I guess I am not the only one who uses figures with my cannons. I have a South bend Cannon "The Continental" It's about 1/12 size. so I dressed up a couple of 12" GI Joes in confederate uniforms loaded their hands with sponges, a .58 round ball, a rammer, and a gunner and took a couple of photos.

Let's see them pictures Poor Private!

As soon as I figure out how to post those pictures. My other sites it's a simple post but this one is a bit more complicated, especially when you post pictures rarely you have to relearn how to do it.

Poor Private said:
As soon as I figure out how to post those pictures. My other sites it's a simple post but this one is a bit more complicated, especially when you post pictures rarely you have to relearn how to do it.

I have found this method to be the easiest and safest.... in the long run!
Go to Photobucket.com and set up a free account. Load your pictures onto the free account from your computer/phone/camera. Select the picture you want and click on the "Direct" link button and PB will copy it. Then you can "paste" it directly on to this site.
This way there is no issues w/your picture being removed from your computer and being lost here, or folks accessing your computer every time they look at that picture, etc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good method as well as tinypic.com . They don't even require an account and allow you to load pictures directly from your computer.

There are plenty of people here to help you out if needed!

Last edited by a moderator:
That barrel looks terrific, Paul!!! :wink:

Can you recall the specifics on which paint you used???

I'm in the midst of finishing a 1/3rd six pounder.

Thanks a million...

Hello FF,
The paint was just some half can of gold spray paint I found in the garage! I just wire brushed the rust off the barrel and painted it. Been thinking about going back and priming, sanding, and reprinting to get a smoother coat.
But I do remember reading some where that ACW Artillery men did not generally polish the bronze tubes but they did clean, and rub then down with brick dust paste. That was the look I was going for.
Sorry to get back to you so late.

Latest posts

Back