• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mike Brooks .40 cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wattlebuster

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I already have Samson my Don Bruton southern iron mounted rifle that I hunt big game with so I had Mike Brooks build Delilah for me. She sports a .40 cal Charles Burton A weight 38 inch barrel that he coned for me when he made it. The walnut stock is from Curt Lyles that he cut a few yrs back. The lock is a Chambers round faced english assembled by LC Rice. Its all iron mounted with single trigger. Im a plain gun guy so he put just a tad of carving an engraving on her for me. The front sight is a 1962 silver quarter which is my birth yr. I dont have scales but she is slim trim an very light an should be a joy to carry in the woods. When he got down in the wood he had a bark inclusion that he very tastfully patched. I paired her up with a Curt Lyles goatskin bag an a Scott Sibley southern horn. Mike was very pleasant to deal with an has really tripped my trigger with this lil gal. Hope ya like her :thumbsup:

Wow !!!! :bow: :hatsoff: :bow: :thumbsup: :applause: That my Friend is a fine lookin' Shootin' Iron Well worth the wait I'm sure. Let us know how she shoots . If she shoots as good as she looks them Alabama bushy tails better head north to Tennessee :haha: Congrats on your new rifle Allen :hatsoff:

WB, that rifle looks far too fancy for a "plain gun guy." I suggest that since it is over decorated, you send it to me and order something without all the decoration! :wink: :grin:

Congrats on a very fine rifle. I just love looking at Mike's work. He really knows how to tastefully antique guns. That one's a beauty for sure. Have fun! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fine looking gun, but you know Delilah was a bad girl, you had better send it to me so I can keep you safe from her charms. You dont have to thank me I'm just a nice guy looking out for you :grin:
Any one would be proud of it :thumbsup:

Wattles..Will you marry Me??? :grin:

Perfect... :applause: :applause: :applause:

Great photo's

Very nice Wattlebuster! Ole Mike builds a top notch gun! Just don't let Delilah talk you into getting a "haircut!" :grin:

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: I took a vacation day today to get started on getting to know how she shoots. It was so windy that I ended up shooting in my cousins chicken house with the doors open. Lucky for me he had his houses all cleaned an waiting for birds to be delivered. I fooled around with several different loads an combos an I think she's gonna be a shooter with 40 gr fffg pushing a .380 ball an .020 pillow tick patch lubed with my own mixture of deer tallow mixed with olive oil. My next session will be a sight moving shoot now that im happy with how she groups. That was a first for me shooting out of a chicken house but it was out of the wind an seemed to work pretty good

Latest posts

Back