• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

meat on a rock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question. Perhaps they obtain whale "poop" and seal dung in the summer months when the ice has melted?

Ojibway is a tribe of the Chipewa Nation.....of southern Ontario and northern US. Don't think the Eskimo language was from such a southern source.

Inuit is the preferred name of the peoples we call Eskimos......Fred

To all the doubters, whale dung rises to the surface and floats. No doubt meat that was cooked on whale dung coals has a "fishy" flavor, but what flavor outside of "fishy" is in an Eskimos' diet? Caribou might be the exception.

Animal dung {excepting human bodily waste} has enabled many peoples in harsh enviroments to survive. We in the modern parts of the world have become too civilized and hold animal dung in ill repute......opposite that of our ancestors who held it in high esteem......Fred

Mighty hard to pick up this time of year...Without a chisel and sledge... :haha:

I never saw the need when surrounded by wood.

You can cut wood and leave it up on the "Judith." The riverboat captains will leave you gold, if you put out a pouch. Good thing to know, when times gits hard.
Bear Claw Chris Lapp:

I’ve built cow pie fires and boiled and fried over it. Did not use it to grill with. I treated it like cooking on pine. It does not have a bad smell, but.... I do smoke latikia tobacco :wink:

flehto said:
Good question. Perhaps they obtain whale "poop" and seal dung in the summer months when the ice has melted?

Ojibway is a tribe of the Chipewa Nation.....of southern Ontario and northern US. Don't think the Eskimo language was from such a southern source.

Inuit is the preferred name of the peoples we call Eskimos......Fred

We might say Inuit,but I wonder why we still say Comanche, or Ojibwa(pucker toe). Of corse we also don’t often say Dutichlander or Nippon :idunno:

sidelock said:
Have any of you tried "cow pies" to cook with?
No, but at the Texas Olympics there's an even for sailing them for distance! :wink: :haha:

Back