• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frying venison & the game warden,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it’s off topic a bit, but, problem solved!

we did have trouble in 2019 with one ECO, gave a bunch of camp members warning tickets for doing something that regs allowed. They pooled money for a lawyer who wrote DEC, in the end the tickets were struck from the record. They don’t see him much anymore. The other ECO’s I’ve encountered have all been decent, even if doing there job.

Nah, just chapter 2 ,,,,, ;)

How any ' Wild Boar' got in I would have thought there was enough damage with' Captain Cookers ' all ready.
For the benitit of US readers No four legged creature except the Native Tuatara Lizard are native to these islands . The Pacific Island Pigs are called' Captain Cookers ' as he along with sheep released them. There were Imported Rats probably Via Earlier migrations Per 'Moana 'but the 1800s saw all sorts of cattle & later Deer &, Rabbits to hunt along with Thar & Ibex? the plan was to have some hunting. Didn.t bring Foxes mind. Well Rabbits breed. So Stoats where brought in along with Gorse & Broom ect ect But these lands see no harsh winters & the endless forests with no Bears ,Wolves. & Well from costing a pound for a lisence to hunt deer . It got to a' shoot on sight & Govt Cullers formed to eradicate such creatures Inc Mouse BTW . Doubtful any survived but did for a while '

Didn't clear them out & so no close seasons , no limit . Permit is free Bows, Crossbows , Muzzle loaders, & breach loaders for those who prefer .them ' The officIal term is' Noxious Animals'( a bit like Polititions but their protected ) In 1968 I had a spell As a Deer Culler . You got into the varios huts where tucker was choppered in you made bread & cooked lots of Venison & wild pig. I had the odd opossum Ide been on the Possuming previous winter .Very selective feeders so not to be despized .By me at least . I had My 303 & issue rounds but un benown to 'the department' I had a much crude 310 barrel' got up' into a takedown ML or via a Le Chaumett type plug as' Ferguson' style option .Only shot possoms . later carried round Australia to pop rabbits .(Later took my 45 cal Wheellock to pop meat inc Roos as I got into some very remote places) .But that's another story . .Introduceing wild pigs ! it 's Like takeing coals to Newcastle !
Regards Rudyard

Years ago, there was a woman game warden in this area. No background in hunting or fishing whatsoever. She was an "affirmative action" hire, off the streets of Billings.
She was posted to Region 1 up here in NW Montana.
She was scared of hunters and whenever she would approach them, she had her gun out. That did not sit well with the locals, especially the women.
After she had two dogs shot out of the back of her truck, she decided she needed to find a new profession.
Rumor has it, it was women who shot the dogs, after their husbands had had guns pointed at them multiple times out in the bush.

Many,many years ago I hunted WVA. my first time, with a few fellows who shall we say were prolific deer killers, anyway one evening we were sitting in camp awaiting the camp cook too finish preparing the meal (the cook was a convicted felon of car stealing) nice guy but he was regulated too cook and done a rather swell job of it. Now there were deer hanging everywhere and not all of them legal, The camp was back in the boonies and had a path for a lane about 1/2 mile long, I see car lights coming and inform my best friend(of who these guys were his friends, and later became mine) of the lights. He says we are not expecting company wonder who it is, about that time in pulls two WVA. state troopers followed bye a D.N.R. truck, along about this time I am thinking jail here I come. The boys in uniform pile out carrying a coupla six packs and ask whats for supper (turns out the camp cook invited them and did not tell anyone. So supper is served fried deer loin, home fried taters, homemade baked beans, and homemade bread, apple cobbler for dessert, After supper one of the troopers said you know fellas one of these days we are going too have too bust yer A22ES laughs and says see ya next year. Most of them boys have moved on too the happy hunting grounds but were a great bunch of guys.

Back