• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

matchlock parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen photos of real beauties that were made by hand. I made one myself, which I'm going to install in a walnut stock with a smoothbore barrel as soon as I get done with the 73,000 other projects I've got going, including a couple which my wife has taken a personal interest in having completed. I wouldn't rate my lock as a beauty, but it's pretty close to historically correct and (the reason for even mentioning it) it wasn't nearly as difficult as a flint or even percussion lock to design and build. With some research you'll find at least a couple of original types that, mechanically, were fairly simple. The relative ease of building them was one major reason matchlocks hung on a good while into the flint era.

Click into the "Pre-Flintlock" section of this forum for much more extensive info as to original designs and gunsmiths who specialize in this field.

Hi there,

Somewhere they moved a couple of posts of mine on building a gun, they just did it today. Not sure where it is at the moment. Look for Wisconsin Matchlock shooters somewhere around here. What kind of parts are you looking for. They are all pretty easy to make

Pat

Guncobbler:

I posted photos of my homemade lock under "My first matchlock build." Only 7 or so parts, all made from "scrap." :v

Patrick: I think your posts were moved to the Pre-Flint Forum (not by me).

If anyone wonders where a post was moved to, they can find out by going to their "my Home" at the top of the page, or by just clicking on their name in the left hand column of a post they have made. That will deliver them to their (or that persons) "Home".
At the top of the page below the lower dark line in their Home, is a button to list all of the posts they have created, or all of the posts they have responded to.
Click on this. It will tell you where the post is, and when it was made. :)

Oh, here is a link to the Wisconson post:
POST LINK

Latest posts

Back