• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock movie from Spain

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, interesting movie.

Neat sequence winding up the wheellock at 1:13.

Spence

I watched the beginning of the movie but once the first fight scene was over I stopped watching. I don't like reading movies. My eyes are more on the text than the actors and it is aggravating.

That fight scene was rather brutal. I loved how the guys sneaking in were plugging the enemy cannons touch holes with nails. Great way to sabotage a cannon.

The way they transported lit match cord wrapped around their wrists was pretty smart. Just got to keep watch on it so it doesn't burn out or burn your wrist.

Cynthialee said:
I loved how the guys sneaking in were plugging the enemy cannons touch holes with nails. Great way to sabotage a cannon.
Thats's called "spiking". It was also done to ones own guns if they were going to be captured, so the enemy couldn't use them against you. The spikes could sometimes be pried out, otherwise they'd have to be drilled out, which would take a while, and the vents might have to be bushed afterwards if they were enlarged too much. If you had the time, you could run a pry-bar or some such down from the muzzle to bend the end of the spike over and make removal more difficult.

Regards,
Joel

The series of novels by Arturo Perez Reverte is pretty good. He's an excellent novelist and he does one of these volumes between his more "serious" works.

Latest posts

Back