• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Matchlock / mace

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents. :hatsoff:

Ya gotta love it :thumbsup: target was at 5 yards.

maceshoot1.jpg

maceshoot2.jpg

maceshoot3.jpg

maceshoot4.jpg

The wife is pretty good at taking pics, i like how the sparks from the match and pan show up. :thumbsup:

Great pics, Pitchy.Your wife is VERY good in taking pics. :bow: :bow:
Did you try it at 25 yards.?

:hmm: , just thinking what could be the next project for you?
Perhaps i find something for you.A little idea. :wink:

:hatsoff:

25 yards, ya right, i was lucky too hit the box at five yards. That was a 20 grain load of FFF by the way.
Fun too shoot, i imagine one of these days i`m going to have to make a wheel lock. :hmm:

Thanks again gents. :hatsoff:

Ok you guys :blah: i have one of those wheel locks around here somewhere for a car will that work. :rotf:

Those old clocks do have some good parts in em :thumbsup: I`m on vaction now i worked my one day for the month. :rotf:

pitchy,
Like one gentleman said about firing his matchlock. "Don't wear your best clothes."

How about a small DC electric motor, a stepdown cog, a diamond chip covered wheel and a piece of chisle steel. Now there would be a wheellock that would work every time!
The project should hold you for a whole week. Hee! Hee! :grin: :shocked2:
volatpluvia

That's really neat. And the wife sure did do a nice job taking the pics. :hatsoff:

snagg

Thanks guys, :)
I still have a different style lock works i want to try for a matchlock, may have to make that next. :hmm:

Uh Oh, Pitchy's be'en quiet today :grin: Must be out workin out his new matchlock design :applause:

WOW!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Lenn, I am speechless again! You and metal....just make for neat things! What's next? A wheel lock battle axe? Maybe??

Back