• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making A Barrel Fit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkabout

40 Cal
Reaction score
So I ordered this 12 gauge Pedersoli barrel and it doesn't fit my receiver, the dimensions are slightly off. I wonder if it can be made to fit by a gunsmith, or if it's even worth it. Appreciate feedback, thanks.

The upper barrel is the original from 2014 the bottom is the "new" one dated 1983 according to the code.

Attachments

• original_56e1e539-084a-46fc-ae35-19c940307f9a_20240402_174413.jpg
    original_56e1e539-084a-46fc-ae35-19c940307f9a_20240402_174413.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Your going to have to do some measuring to see if a; a tennon can be opened to receive the key and b; where to file the hooks to fit the stock plate.

As far as I'm aware no Pedersoli is a drop in swap.

I’m sure a smith could move it for you if it is just the tennon that needs fit. But then you have to worry about the barrel diameters. Barrel widths. Tang fit. Nipple locations and probably other things.
If it were mine I would remove the bad tennon. Then see if everything else is ok. If it is then I would reattach the tennon or make a new one.
Lots of risk messing up the solder on the barrel ribs if useing a torch to remove tennon. I would just grind it off and make a new one and then just spot tig weld the new one.
Good luck
Stank

Back