• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mail broken parts by UPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CS

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello! I have a naive question I was hoping to ask to members here. I have some broken parts (a frizzen among others) that I will mail back to the manufacturer (a US address) who was kind enough to offer to mend them for me.

Typically, how does one label such gun parts to UPS so as to not cause a fuss with their staff? Will "metal parts" suffice? or better to list the contents as is.

Really sorry if this question is quite naive; moved here to the US from Canada; am still getting used to my new hobby of muzzleloaders :) Thanks in advance guys!

Hello! I have a naive question I was hoping to ask to members here. I have some broken parts (a frizzen among others) that I will mail back to the manufacturer (a US address) who was kind enough to offer to mend them for me.

Typically, how does one label such gun parts to UPS so as to not cause a fuss with their staff? Will "metal parts" suffice? or better to list the contents as is.

Really sorry if this question is quite naive; moved here to the US from Canada; am still getting used to my new hobby of muzzleloaders :) Thanks in advance guys!
If it makes you feel better call the items machine parts. As long as you are not sending items like receivers for modern guns you are good to go. You could also look up UPS shipping guidelines to confirm.

Antique replica parts.
The one time I shipped a muzzleloader I shipped it UPS and was told as long as it was listed as a replica it was good to go. It shipped, traveled, and was received with no issues.

I mailed a gun stock... they didn't care I think.

🤷 I told them muzzloader gun stock they asked if it was a gun. I was like no just the wood.

I got insurance on it and sent

I think "parts metal parts" you don't need to say anything gun.

I mailed a gun stock... they didn't care I think.

🤷 I told them muzzloader gun stock they asked if it was a gun. I was like no just the wood.

I got insurance on it and sent

I think "parts metal parts" you don't need to say anything gun.
In your case, a piece of carved wood might have been better but, if it got thru, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .
With the way some folks in control are and can be, the less said the better. Just a hunk of wood.

Last edited:
Yea pedersoli warrenty it... there only gunsmith in the states is real good, it's up to him what they do. Good turn around time and service. I see why they don't use anyone else.

They when I first called... it was like the video.. they couldn't belive such a thing happened.

The picture I sent they mentioned they repair not replace

Just like the video i told them for what i paid i want a new stock. They shouldn't say repair its a bad word I didn't want to hear that

It was 6 months old... they have 2 year warrenty. wish longer but it is what it is.. after two years its on you. I get it.

Last edited:
Yea pedersoli warrenty it... there only gunsmith in the states is real good, it's up to him what they do. Good turn around time and service. I see why they don't use anyone else.

They when I first called... it was like the video.. they couldn't belive such a thing happened.

The picture I sent they mentioned they repair not replace

Just like the video i told them for what i paid i want a new stock. They shouldn't say repair its a bad word I didn't want to hear that

It was 6 months old... they have 2 year warrenty. wish longer but it is what it is.. after two years its on you. I get it.

Glad to hear they made things right. Talked to a dealer and they have been waiting over a year for a replacement stock for a flint double.

If it makes you feel better call the items machine parts. As long as you are not sending items like receivers for modern guns you are good to go. You could also look up UPS shipping guidelines to confirm.
Yes - nondescript but true.

I was working on a Navy base, a coworker on another project asked us to drop off a package at UPS for them. We walk in, the biggest UPS facility I have ever seen with about 15+ very long lines. We get to the front & when asked the contents my buddy loudly says "250 exploders".

The packed room got very quiet, A few people left. I announced "I don't know this person - never saw him before" - humor didn't work. I said you mean "electronic subassembly"! My buddy's response was "uh, uh, oh yea". I explained they did not explode, the electronic assemblies provided safety functions ... they accepted the package.

As we left it was still quiet with all eyes on my buddy.

If it comes up in conversation I tell them it is antique lamp parts. I ship a fair amount and they know me. If it’s a long package it is an antique floor lamp.

how does one label such gun parts to UPS
Groan........... Another shipping question. "label"? I have never labeled contents for any package I have sent via UPS. They do freak out when a package is shaped like it might contain a long gun. Explanations that it is a legal muzzle loader do not penetrate their thick skulls. That is why I use USPS Click and Ship. Package gets picked up from my front porch with no questions asked. Never a problem.

I avoid UPS at all costs … and have never had an issue shipping USPS Priority, for about ~50 muzzleloader arms sales and 100+ of small accessory sales.

But I now use USPS Ground Advantage exclusively, not only do the co$ts difference, but I am finding that things are shipping FASTER!

You may have noticed the increases of penalties or really surcharges for oversize items. Keep in mind when they go to pack the plane for Priority mail items, their ‘priority’ is on small and short packages, not on long and heavy packages like MZL arms! Those get put aside to get as many of the other items onto the plane as possible. Your long muzzleloader package could sit for days! This just happened to RickStL and me.

I just shipped out some heavy and expen$ive shipments via Ground Advantage and they got there in 3 to 5 days, depending on where in the country shipped. Previously I have had Priority packages sit at a postal depot for days, sometimes taking up to 2 weeks to be delivered … where my receipt was showing an outrageous price for guaranteed 3-day delivery, LOL!

Latest posts

Back