• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Original parts for a Colt 1851 Navy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Bubba Daddy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm just inherited a Colt 1851 Navy, serial #: 176704 which I understand indicates a 1864 manufacturing date.

She seems to be in pretty good shape (I'll follow up with pictures after I get home tonight) but there are a couple of issues I need to address.
  • It's missing one of the backstrap & guard screws, and the other is stripped
  • it's missing the spring from the hand & spring assembly
I may, or may not, decide to sell it at some point and do not want to decrease its value, plus I would rather have a period correct piece, so I am hoping someone here knows a source of original parts. Are there any?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any replies!

BBD

Hello all,

I'm just inherited a Colt 1851 Navy, serial #: 176704 which I understand indicates a 1864 manufacturing date.

She seems to be in pretty good shape (I'll follow up with pictures after I get home tonight) but there are a couple of issues I need to address.
  • It's missing one of the backstrap & guard screws, and the other is stripped
  • it's missing the spring from the hand & spring assembly
I may, or may not, decide to sell it at some point and do not want to decrease its value, plus I would rather have a period correct piece, so I am hoping someone here knows a source of original parts. Are there any?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any replies!

BBD
Check with Dixie Gun Works, they used to carry all sorts of old parts

Latest posts

Back