• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

M1763 Sergeants musket.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Brooks

Cannon
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on these besides the little blip in "WEAPONS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION"? Seems to be not much info around on these.

Mike, Would it be similar to the 1757 Light Dragoon Carbine and following series of Light Infantry muskets? Smaller caliber and shorter barrel, true carbines? If you can't find any information on this musket it don't look good!

:thumbsup:

I have 2 books Titled Weapons of the American Rev.
one by Moore and the other by Neuman. On page 99 in Moore's book is a picture of a French officer's or sergeant's musket with a 38" barrel. He remarks that it is unusual in that the steel bands and some of the hardware are covered with a sort of brass veneer. This is basically a 1763 type with minor variations. I hope this helps.

chuckpa said:
I have 2 books Titled Weapons of the American Rev.
one by Moore and the other by Neuman. On page 99 in Moore's book is a picture of a French officer's or sergeant's musket with a 38" barrel. He remarks that it is unusual in that the steel bands and some of the hardware are covered with a sort of brass veneer. This is basically a 1763 type with minor variations. I hope this helps.
Thanks guys. :thumbsup: The only info I have on it is What chuckPA referenced , 38" barrel, brass plated bands etc. I'm hoping to figure out what they are worth as I have located one. :wink:

Mike
Neumann's book[The History of the Weapons of the American Revolution see page 76. " The first official fusil design appeared in 1754. It followed the infantry pattern, but included embellishments on the mountings" The example that he shows mixes a 1754 lock and trigger guard with1763 parts Engraved borders can be seen on the brass barrel bands.

Back