• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman trade rifle vent liner ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi anyone here know for sure what type size thread they use for a Lyman flint trade rifle a buddy needs to replace one if he can get it out with a ez-out

The Lyman is 6 x.75mm. The difference in thread pitch between that and 1/4x28 is .006 of an inch.
The major diameter of the 6mm thread is .236 so you can therefore increase from a 6 x .75mm to
1/4x28 by very carefully running a tap through it.You can get a good thread and then it is easier to
find vent liners to fit. I did both of my GPR barrels this way.

Convert it so it is Easier to get vent liner for ? You just call a ML parts dealer or Lyman & get one, how much easier can it get ? They cost $3-4 and you are done. A vent liner in a GPR will last for Years.
I shot over 10,000 rounds from one GPR & the liner was still good & never did use the spare liner I had bought for it.

Main thing to remember is ya just SNUG the vent liner in, no tighten the bejesus out of it. And you put a lil antiseize on it when ya remove & reinstall it.

Thanks guys and birddog i told him already about using a little antiseze

Back