• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Great Plains rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a matter of curiosity,Jim,where are you located in Florida.I am in Florida as well near a place called Ocala(God forsaken place it is!)Best regards,J.A.

Really enjoy hunting and shooting my GRP. I have the 54 and fire PRB. I have taken both Mule Deer and Elk here in Utah.

Nope...No regrets with the GPR...
I have one and a Lyman trade rifle ,,both are quite nice and do the job extremely well....
no regrets at all...

We're a little south of Ocala; Fort Myers.

Looking forward to getting a GPR. I'm starting to lay in accessories and supplies. I'll soon have everything I need except the rifle itself! :grin:

Jim

Jack Aubrey said:
As a matter of curiosity,Jim,where are you located in Florida.I am in Florida as well near a place called Ocala(God forsaken place it is!)Best regards,J.A.

Hey, Ocala ain't so bad. At least you can get real black powder at Jimmy's pawn. There is no shop that I can locate between there and Jacksonville that sells real black...

I go up to Gainesville every spring for the races. One of my sons goes to UF. We like that area and hope to retire in that part of the state one of these days.......

Jim

Cracker Jim, I live in Venice, just south of Sarasota.Ishoot at the Knight Trail range, a nice Sarasota county range very near the Laurel road exit off rte 75, about an hour north of you. I am no expert at all, but have been shooting bp for about 15 years. If you would like to come up and shoot some day, I would be glad to assist any way I can, you could shoot one of my rifles until you have one. I have not been shooting in many months due to left shoulder injury but want to begin again, regards, good smoke, ron

I used to hunt at Lochloosa WMA with my father in law. He retired there for a while but has since moved. Not a bad area.

Well, good news and bad news......

The bad news, I'm still not in a position to get a GPR.

The good news, I found my second choice of rifle for a good price!

I'll start a new thread on that rifle.

Jim

PS Thanks to all who have helped me with information and suggestions.

Back