• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Lyman Great Plains Rifle .54 Caliber 1984 Build Date

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Selling off some of my blackpowder cache, starting with this Great Plains Rifle built in 1984 (AN date code on barrel). These older ones are definitely nicer than the newer builds I have handled. This a great quality rifle that I have hunted with the last two years. The barrel was browned by a previous owner and the pictures by the bore accentuate the reddish brown it carries. Bore is excellent and rifling still sharp but doesn’t cut patches. Has a new hickory ramrod from Track of the Wolf as the original was sold off with another rifle.
Asking 500 shipped. USPS money order preferred. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4363.jpeg
    IMG_4363.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4364.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4365.jpeg
    IMG_4365.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4368.jpeg
    IMG_4368.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I do hate to admit this but it's the truth. The .45 Markwell I bought at an estate sale was difficult to locate parts for so I began using parts ment for other maker's models. This was going pretty good. The stock wasn't fitting the barrel well so me and my Dremel made tiny alterations until it fit. When the wedge fit good the brasing came off the barrel of holding retainer (both sides). Screw that project. Then I began scanning these ads for another .45 rifle, liked one and stated "I'll take it". Waiting for a reply I began scanning Ebay for fun. Stumbled upon a stock near fully furnished and then the barrel, both for not much money and free shipping. Bought them both. Then the seller here accepts my word as good. So, I have two .45 rifles coming and not sure which I'll choose to keep. Not a altogether unhappy situation but, it means I won't be take advantage of either rifle you're offering. Am I sorry? You bet, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back