• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Great Plains Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Cowboy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for a good shooting, Great Plains Pistol.
Must have a clean bore and be a shooter, a few dings or dents is O.K.
Really like it in 50, but will consider 54 if it's a fair deal.
Let me know what you have and asking price, can pay any
form payment, Check, USPS M.O., Paypal.
Thanks.

Electric Cowboy:
I have a really nice one in .50 caliber but if you read the classified guidlines, you sure can't use Paypal to pay for it. I made mine from a kit. The barrel has a proper brown finish. The wood was Watco oiled with several hand-rubbed coats and finished with two coats of Tru-Oil. I used it once so it's like new. I will include a box of 100 round balls. Price is $240 plus $12 to ship.

Attachments

• Pistolfront.jpg
    Pistolfront.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 99
I wouldn't say, "you can't use Paypal" because I think you can as long as they don't figure out that the money is paying for a gun.
Paypal's policy says you can't buy firearms using them to transfer the money.

Now, most guns that are bought on line must go thru a licensed gun store or they are being sold by a auction house that deals in firearms and that is the "trigger" so to speak.
If Paypal sees sales going to places like that, then yes, they will refuse to complete the transfer of the money.

If the payment is going to someplace that doesn't appear to be dealing in firearms, I think they will honor the sale.

This puts the burden of deciding whether or not to use Paypal as one of the methods of paying totally in the sellers hands. They are the one that's taking the risk.

Here's the link to Paypal's comments about gun sales:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp...-on-transactions-that-involve-firearms-faq585

I'm a guy who has never even spit on the sidewalk so not following rules goes against the grain but I will think about it.

I think you can justify sending money to family and friends. And someone who’s going to send me a bp rifle or pistol is surely a friend of mine!

The last sale I had on here used PayPal but they didn’t specify family and friends so it cost me the three percent. And PayPal won’t back you up with buyer protection if your seller flakes on you anyway.

Last edited:
Other side of the coin, I sent a gunbroker seller a USPS Money Order years back and he burned me , the Post Office straight up told me that investigating fraud for a $300 money order isnt a priority for them and it would take years if at all, and I'm pretty much burned unless its "significant amounts of money".

Best way is to use a Personal Check so theres a record of it being cashed and by whom if someone plans on burning you, your bank will issue you a refund while they investigate.

Mods please close this.
I found one locally, 54 and a bit of a dog but we shall see.
I want to thank Woodnbow and Crow Beads for responding to my request.
If this shoots as bad as it looks, I may yet need one of these yet.
Price was fair and I have lots of time to tinker.
Thank You All.........

Just to add, I posted before I read the rules, my mistake!
I tried to edit out the "Paypal" part of it but could not.
My fault for skipping over the rules, "My apologies" to the Forum.
Won't make that mistake again............

There are NO forum rules that say you cannot use Paypal. There is just a caution, warning people that Paypal may not honor the transaction and they may not pay the person who is receiving the money. They might also take some punitive action against the person who tries to pay for firearm related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back