• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman GPR ramrod

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenjoytj

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I've ordered a Lyman GPR flintlock in 54 cal.
It will take month to arrive.
I have questions about the ramrod, what is:
-the rods diameter (not the jag dia.)
-the lenght of the OME rod.
-What is the OME rod made out of.

I want to order a longer range rod, any suggestions on materials would be appreciated.

Greenjoytj said:

I want to order a longer range rod, any suggestions on materials would be appreciated.

Check Track of The Wolf and look at the steel range rods they have. For my wood rod I keep in the rifle, I cut it 2-1/2" longer than the depth of the barrel. The extra length comes in handy when running a patch down a dry barrel.

Lyman's rod diameter is probably either 3/8" or 10mm.

Beware of the plastic rods. They have a nasty tendency to slide back out of the pipes while you're walking around. I'd just get a spare hickory rod from Track, and maybe two while you're at it. They're cheap. And yeah, that Lyman rod is going to break sooner rather than later.

You may want to look at these RAMRODS ,order online and you get a 10% discount and fast shipping.
They don't slide out of thimbles

If you pay the shipping to Canada I will send you one of my hickory rods I make, I have the same GPR in a .54 caplock.

Greenjoytj said:

Back